Video: Underground 2013
Ikelite launches GoPro accessories
Ikelite has launched a series of accessories for GoPro cameras. Included in the new range are a Steady Tray, Pistol Grip, Handles, a kit for mounting a GoPro on an SLR housing, a quick-release kit and a kit that supplies everything needed to mount two Ikelite Gamma lights on a Steady Tray.
Anti leak absorbent sachets for GoPro cameras available
Leak Insure has announced that they are producing special desiccant sachets designed for use with GoPro housings. These are thin enough to fit in Go Pro housing and are made from a new paper and desiccant laminate that can also help absorb any moisture that occurs after minor floods.
Image: Hammerhead by John Chapa
John Chapa shared this outstanding image of a Hammerhead shark on Facebook. Here he tells us how he got the shot:
Cave diving in Russia
Aquapazza announces housing for Sigma Merrill cameras
Aquapazza has announced their APSG-DPM housing for the Sigma Merrill DP system compact cameras. The housing has a modular lens port system to allow it to be used with all three models of the Merrill DP cameras. It also features a rail for the attachment of a sun shield for the LCD screen and a fiber optic port for strobe triggering.
Image: Rhino shrimp by Suria Nataadmadja
Suria Nataadmadja shared this fantastic shot of a Rhino Shrimp. Here he tells us how he got the shot while diving in Anilao, Philippines.
Call for entries: Our World Underwater 2014
The 2014 Our World Underwater contest is now live and calling for entries. Hosted by Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide, there are over $85,000 worth of prizes, including $1,000 in cash. The deadline is quite tight, all entries must be received by 2 February, so please don’t delay.
- 100-year old negatives found in Antarctic (via )
- Canon releases firmware update for C500 (via )
- January 2014 issue of DIVE magazine now available (via )
- The Guardian Best Pictures of the Day (via )
- Seahorses: Underwater assasins (via )
- Justin Hofman captures southern right whale, watching tourists (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.1 (via )
- Apple updates RAW compatibility (via )
- Mysterious “zombie” disease affecting starfish (via )
- Submissions of photography projects to Blue Earth closing soon (via )