Inon announces new lens mount for GoPro housings
Inon has just announced the release of their SD Front Mask STD, a new lens mount for GoPro housings. The depth rating is 40 meters (131 feet) and has compatible lenses and supports several different GoPro models.
First audio recordings from bottom of Mariana Trench
The first recorded audio from the bottom of the Mariana Trench have returned to the surface. Challenger Deep is the deepest known valley on the seafloor and lays at the bottom of the Mariana Trench at 36,000 feet deep.
Anima Mundi Issue 22 Available
RED WEAPON Underwater
RED Digital Cinema’s Sean Ruggeri and Nate Heartt have been testing the 6K RED WEAPON camera and the RED Optical Low Pass Filter underwater underwater in Cozumel, Mexico. The camera was housed in Gates DEEP Dragon housing.
Color Grading Tutorial using DaVinci Resolve
Color Correction with the Sony AX100 by Peter Lightowler
Peter Lightowler presents a comprehensive guide to managing color when shooting underwater with the Sony AX100 4K camcorder. Sony has, in the past been criticised for poor color rendition underwater, and Peter’s article expands in depth the techniques and tool available to correct any such issues. Although he has limited his article to the AX100, it serves as an excellent primer for anyone shooting video underwater.
Video: Earth Touch Wild Oceans
Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans channel has a new video filmed by Mark Thorpe. It involves two frogfish, one large and the other small - who is riding atop the other. The Wild Oceans channel team has a question for the underwater community.
Issue 89 of Underwater Photography Magazine is available
The March/April edition of Underwater Photography Magazine (UwP) is now available. It features interviews with the winners of UPY 2016 and Martin Edge, the winning images of Ocean Art 2016, Alex Mustard talks about his new book, ideas about shooting squid by Dan Bolt, Lord Howe Island by Scott Portelli, South Africa’s KwaZulu Natal coast by Tom Burd and the sardine shoals of Moaboal.
- Canon updates firmware for Rebel T5 (1200D) to V.1.0.1 (via )
- Facebook introduces 360-degree interactive video (via )
- Review of dynamic range and 4k video of iPhone 6s (via )
- More people die from selfies than shark attacks (via )
- Waterproof PowerGrip H20 for GoPros (via )
- Canon updates 1D C firmware to version 1.4 (via )
- Panasonic releases paid-for firmware update version 2.4 for GH4 (via )
- Canon updates 1D X firmware to 2.0.8 (via )
- Nikon updates D7100 C firmware to version 1.03 (via )
- 3 Instagram photographers receive $10K grants from Getty Images (via )