Video: Socorro by Sean Ruggeri shot on RED MONSTRO
RED Digital Cinema’s Sean Ruggeri has shared a stunning demo reel shot in Soccorro, Mexico with the new RED WEAPON MONSTRO camera and VV H2O OLPF. Filmed while diving with the Nautilus Explorer, Sean used a Nikonos RS20-135mm lens. The camera was housed in a Gates DEEP WEAPON housing and lighting was with Gates GT14 lights.
Join team Gulen for the SHOOTOUT
Aditech ships MVHS-AX700 housing
Join Wetpixel in Guadalupe this August
Mega colony of 1.5 million penguins discovered by drone in Antarctic
An enormous colony of more than 1.5 million Adelie penguins was discovered in the Antarctic. The massive colonies of penguins were found in the Danger Islands which lie in the Weddell Sea. The area is difficult to reach and is rarely visited. Scientists studying satellite images found what appeared to be never before seen nesting pairs of penguins, 751,527 pairs to be exact.
State Department issues travel warning for Yucatan
The U. S. Embassy in Mexico City, Mexico has issued a warning about using passenger ferries from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel, Qintana Roo, Mexico. On 21 February, a bomb was detonated on a Barcos Caribe ferry whilst passengers were disembarking, causing 26 injuries. On 1 March, another vessel from the same fleet was found to have explosive devices which were made safe. (Stock Image. Ultramar ferries were not affected by the recent attack)
RIP Dan Auber
Professional and underwater photographer Dan Auber died at his Oceanside home last Thursday. Well known among the Californian underwater photography scene, Dan had a photographic career spanning over 40 years. The Wetpixel community send its sincere condolences to his family and friends.
RIP Art Haseltine
- Lightroom is updated to version 2015.12 (via )
- Adobe updates Camera RAW to 9.12 (via )
- The world’s favorite color looks a lot like the ocean (via )
- Nikon D5 “C” firmware updated to 1.20 (via )
- Nikon updates D500 “C” firmware to 1.13 (via )
- One woman’s story on how she became a NG photographer (via )
- The weird world of lobster sex (via )
- Sea spiders breathe through their legs (via )
- A comparison of major stock photo services (via )
- Winners of Nikon 2016-2017 photo contest announced (via )