FIX ships NEO Mini 1000 focus light
FIX is shipping their Neo Mini 1000 WR focus light. If offers red and white beams that shut off automatically when strobe output is detected. The battery is removable and can be recharged externally or swapped.
Adobe trails the dehaze slider
Adobe has trailed a new feature that is likely to be incorporated into an update of Lightroom CC soon. First announced at Adobe Max in 2014, the Dehaze tool will reduce, remove haze or add haze. Primarily aimed at landscape photographers, this may be useful to add additional definition to underwater images, which are inevitably “hazy” due to light’s passage through the water.
Interview with Luis Javier Sandoval by Por el Planeta
Video: Preview of Tales by Light
A new six part series, Tales by Light, follows five world recognized travel and wildlife photographers throughout their journeys, including underwater photographer Darren Jew. The series premiered this week in Australia and is a joint effort between Canon Australia and National Geographic.
Rogue ales releases Wasted Sea Star Purple Pale Ale
Rogue Ales of Newport, Oregon has released a new pale ale, Wasted Sea Star Purple Pale Ale, to raise awareness about sea star wasting syndrome. The beer has a purple hue thanks to the use of purple corn nectar in the brew. A portion of the proceeds from the sales will go towards research conducted by Partnership for Interdisciplinary Studies of Coastal Oceans (PISCO).
Aquatica announces housing for EOS 5Ds, 5Dr and 5D Mk III
Aquatica has released details of their new housing for the Canon 5Ds, 5Dsr and 5D Mk III. The A4Dsr has improved ergonomics, a control extender arm for ISO control and an oversized, brightly colored button for record start/stop. Aquatica are offering the option of integrating Ikelite’s TTL circuitry into the housing.
Spaces available: Wetpixel Whale Sharks 2015
Wetpixel has two spaces available on their Whale Shark Expedition to Isla Mujeres this year. The trip is running from 26 July to 1 August and like our previous trips, will give the very best opportunities to snorkel and photograph large numbers of whale sharks. During the past two years trips, we have seen large numbers of manta rays too!
Video: Chris Burkard at TED
- Rihanna’s underwater shark shoot for Harper’s Bazaar (via )
- Images and specs of Nikon D810a leaked online (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom Mobile to v.1.3 (via )
- Microsoft unveils image composite editor v2.0 (via )
- Photos for Mac that will replace Aperture and iPhoto (via )
- Divers discover underwater forest off coast of Britain (via )
- An underwater portrait shoot with kayaker Viktoria Wolffhardt (via )
- Blackmagic Design updates DaVinci Resolve to 11.2 (via )
- Basking shark seen for first time in Indonesia (via )
- A drone that films just under the water line (via )