Nauticam announces housing for Sony a6000
Nauticam has released details of their new housing for the Sony a6000 mirrorless camera. The NA-a6000 features one-handed control of both command dials, and the option of rear button AF actuation. In addition, the housing sports a redesigned (and colored) video record button and the option of switching from EVF to LCD and vica versa.
Coverage: Bahamas Underwater Photo Week
The Bahamas Underwater Photo Week has been created as an event “to capture a week in the underwater life of the Bahamas”. Conceived by Alert Diver’s Stephen Frink, the idea has been adopted by the Bahamas Diving Association and the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, who have provided venues and funding to make it all happen. The concept is quite simple, to get four underwater photographers in the Bahamas at different venues and get them to shoot at the same time, producing a photographic documentary of the underwater life of the Islands at that time
Video: Cristina Zenato taming the untamed
British Virgin Islands announces shark sanctuary
The British Virgin Islands, which is comprised of approximately 60 islands and cays, has announce plans to protect shark species by creating a shark sanctuary within its waters. All commercial fishing of all shark species in the waters of the BVIs will be banned. Image from Shutterstock.
Subal announces housing for Olympus O-MD E-M1
Subal has announced the imminent release of their housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 mirrorless camera. It is compatible with a wide range of micro 4/3 lenses and can allows for strobe triggering via fiber-optic ports. It can be fitted with an optional bulkhead for electronic triggering.
Call for entrants: Lundy Island Splash in
The fifth annual Lundy Island Splash in is calling for entrants. The island, off the North Devon coast, is home to some of the UK’s best diving and underwater photographic opportunities, including a rookery of lively grey seals (Halichoerus grypus). The event is being held on 5 June.
Insight: The Nikonos RS 13mm conversion
Video: Angel Ray by Howard Hall
- The story of Horseshoe Crab blood (via )
- Obama expands protection for California coastline (via )
- Flickr and Getty part ways (via )
- 6.9 earthquake off California in Pacific Ocean sunday (via )
- Fleet of underwater drones to map ocean floor (via )
- Hammerhead shark by Denis Nezhentsev - NG photo of the day (via )
- Sony promises improved image quality update for A7 and A7R (via )
- New California bill seeks to ban Orcas performing in captivity (via )
- Getty images are now free for non-commercial use (via )
- Harp seal found on New York beach (via )