Recsea announces housing for Sony AX100
Recsea has announced the release of an aluminum housing for the Sony AX100 4K camcorder. It utilises LANC control via a right hand grip to give access to all camera functions and can be fitted with an external monitor or Inon 45° viewfinder.
Peter Scoones: 1937 - 2014
Underwater cameraman and innovator, Peter Scoones, passed away earlier this week. Colin Doeg, who co founded BSoUP with Peter in 1967, has graciously written a tribute to him, which we publish in full. Our thoughts go out to his family and loved ones.
When the ocean gets loud, fish get louder
A study published this month in Behavioral Ecology illustrates how fish (blacktail shiners) adapt to the acoustic noise in their environments by increasing the volume of the noises they make.
Lytro announces the Illum camera
Video: EunJae Im on Southern Atolls of the Maldives
Wetpixel member EunJae Im (escape on the forum) has posted a stunning short film about the marine life of the Southern atolls of the Maldives.
Video: Mark Erdman on species diversity
Dr Mark Erdmann is a coral reef ecologist and senior advisor for Conservation International-Indonesia’s marine program. During ADEX 2014, Mark presented a talk about the richness of the South East Asian marine environment entitled, “Extreme biodiversity: In search of Indonesia’s marine biodiversity epicentre.”
Winners of University of Miami underwater photo contest announced
The winners of this year’s University of Miami Underwater Photography contest have been announced. Congratulations to all the winners!
Seacam reinvents the Nikonos RS 13mm
At the recent ADEX show, Seacam owner Harald Hordosch was displaying a converted Nikonos RS 13mm lens on his stand. The company is re-housing the lens and using the original glass as a lens port.
- NG photo editor on listening to your inner voice (via )
- Canon announces updates and upgrades for digital cinema products (via )
- Adobe releases Camera Raw 8.4 release candidate (via )
- Mom and baby humpback from the air (via )
- X-Ray magazine issue 59 is now available (via )
- Australian man fined for killing Great White Shark (via )
- Mexico bans capture of great whites (via )
- High speed liquid photography (via )
- Hawaii criticizes WA shark cull (via )
- 1956 message in a bottle from oceanographer just found (via )