Lightroom Coffee Break: Crop Guide Overlays
Millions of Pyrosomes have started appearing off the Pacific North-West
Millions of Pyrosomes, also known as “fire bodies”, have appeared off the west coast of North America stretching from the Pacific North-West to Alaska. Three years of un-precedented warm water off the west coast has finally given way to more expected cooler waters. But, what may have brought these typically more tropical visitors is unknown.
All proceeds from Lush’s “Shark Fin” Soap fund Rob Stewart’s Sharkwater: Extinction documentary
Lush has re-released their very popular “shark fin” soap in honor of World Ocean’s Day earlier this month. Additionally, 100% of all proceeds from this Lush product go Rob Stewart’s documentary Sharkwater:Extinction to help complete the project. Stewart tragically died in a diving accident earlier this year. This product hopes to bring awareness to the over 100 million sharks that are killed annually.
Think Tank Photo offers hard case inserts
Canon provides explanation of Dual Pixel AutoFocus System
Canon has released a short video explaining their Dual Pixel AutoFocus system. This is an on sensor phase detection system, so is used when shooting either in Live View or video modes on several SLR models including EOS 70D, EOS 7D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark IV. It is also incorporated into several EOS Cinema models.
Film: World Oceans Day by Rafa Herrero
Film: What Would the Ocean Say by James Cameron
The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute partnered with Disneynature; The Explorers Club; OpenROV – OpenExplorer; The Resolution Project to present a film produced by James Cameron entitled “What Would the Ocean Say?” on World Oceans Day. It outlines the the major threats to the worlds oceans including global warming, plastic pollution, overfishing, ocean acidification and more. It then goes on to introduce a new generation of ocean activists, underlining the need for individuals to take action.
Douglas Seifert turns 100
- Watch a shark rescued by beachgoers (via )
- 4.28 billion year old life on earth around thermal vents (via )
- A two-year moratorium on cownose ray fishing contests has been… (via )
- Sharks love death metal (via )
- NG Your Shot Saving Our Oceans photo assignment (via )
- Canon updates EOS-1D X Mark II firmware to 1.1.3 (via )
- Poaching abalone in Africa (via )
- 6 tips to get more out of LiinkeIn as a photographer (via )
- A new underwater restaurant opens in Belgium (via )
- The GoPro Karma is back (via )