Lytro announces the Illum camera
Video: EunJae Im on Southern Atolls of the Maldives
Wetpixel member EunJae Im (escape on the forum) has posted a stunning short film about the marine life of the Southern atolls of the Maldives.
Video: Mark Erdman on species diversity
Dr Mark Erdmann is a coral reef ecologist and senior advisor for Conservation International-Indonesia’s marine program. During ADEX 2014, Mark presented a talk about the richness of the South East Asian marine environment entitled, “Extreme biodiversity: In search of Indonesia’s marine biodiversity epicentre.”
Winners of University of Miami underwater photo contest announced
The winners of this year’s University of Miami Underwater Photography contest have been announced. Congratulations to all the winners!
Seacam reinvents the Nikonos RS 13mm
At the recent ADEX show, Seacam owner Harald Hordosch was displaying a converted Nikonos RS 13mm lens on his stand. The company is re-housing the lens and using the original glass as a lens port.
Video: Darren Jew, underwater photographer and Canon master
Show coverage: ADEX 2014
ADEX is Asia’s largest underwater and diving exhibition. Located in the Marina Bay Sands Expo center, Singapore, the show attracts attendees and exhibitors from all over Asia. As is frequently the case, underwater imaging is well represented at the show with stands from major brands as well as local retailers. Wetpixel is on site and posting “live” coverage.
Video: Anchovy fireworks underwater
In this clip from the MacGillivray Freeman IMAX film Journey to the South Pacific, the filmmakers capture an impressive underwater show by a school of anchovy.
- X-Ray magazine issue 59 is now available (via )
- Australian man fined for killing Great White Shark (via )
- Mexico bans capture of great whites (via )
- High speed liquid photography (via )
- Hawaii criticizes WA shark cull (via )
- 1956 message in a bottle from oceanographer just found (via )
- MV Kalabia - the floating classroom in Raja Ampat (via )
- New jellyfish species washes ashore in Tasmania (via )
- First fish removed from endangered species list (via )
- New JPG format rivals RAW for quality (via )