PhotoShelter announces unlimited storage for pro accounts
PhotoShelter has announced unlimited storage for its customers with pro accounts. The previous limit to photo storage with the service was 1TB. Standard subscription limits have also been bumped up to 100GB from the previous cap of 60GB.
Inon announces product compatibility updates
Earth Touch: Shark Week encounters
Shark Week 2015
NPR talks about Shark Week 2015. In the article, the author notes that some of the programs in the past have been more fiction than fact, with plenty of bad science and exaggerated sensationalism. For 2015 though, Discovery has promised to be more fact and science based. David Shiffman of Southern Fried Science gives it a cautious “thumbs-up” so far
Recsea ships housing for Sony Action Cam
Recsea is shipping their housing for the Sony FDR-X1000V 4K Action Cam and its Liveview remote (RM-LVR2). The remote housing can be mounted onto the rear of the Action Cam housing, which gives liveview and access to the remote’s menu system. The housing has a depth rating of 120 meters (393ft).
GoPro releases the HERO4 Session
GoPro has announced the release of the HERO4 Session camera. It is 50% smaller and 40% lighter than the standard HERO4 and is waterproof t0 33ft (10m) without an extra housing. It will record video at 1080p60, 720p100, and 1440p30 as well as stills at 8MP with burst and timelapse features. It is controlled via a single button, with expanded controls available via the GoPro App or smart remote.
Late Availability: Wetpixel Whale Sharks
Due to a cancellation, we have two spaces available for our Whale Sharks Expedition. This trip has been sold out since last September, so it is an amazing opportunity for someone to get on board at the last moment! The trip’s dates are 26 July to 1 August and we are based at the Playa Media Luna on Isla Mujeres, Mexico.
Norbert Wu’s Favorite Images: Spotted Dolphins, Bahama Banks
In this episode of underwater photographer Norbert Wu’s favorite images column, he talks about photographing and interacting with a group of wild Atlantic spotted dolphins (Stenella frontalis) on the Bahamas Banks. He describes not only the imagery he captured, but also the amazing experience of spending time with these animals in the water
- Shark Scientist: Northwest Pacific Whites Aren't Threatened or… (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Nikon D600 "Dust" Service Advisory (via DivePhotoGuide)
- 62 Year-Old Albatross and Oldest Known Wild Bird Hatches Chick (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Inon Releases Macro Wet Lenses (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Highway Discovery: New Whale Species Discovered Under Freeway (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Viewpoint: Farm virus spreads to deer (via BBC)
- Explaining the Optical Low Pass Filter (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Inon seeks input into label designs for their Z240 strobe (via )
- Bees sense flowers’ electric signals (via BBC)
- Unfulfilled Expectations (via DivePhotoGuide)