Daily updates from Three Sisters Spring available on Facebook
The influx of large numbers of manatees into the the Three Sister Springs area of Crystal River has lead to it being closed to visitors several times over the past few weeks. In order to try and disseminate information about its closure, the US Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) will be posting daily updates on its Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge Facebook page.
New study shows why oyster recovery in Chesapeake Bay is struggling
Video: Cristian Dimitrius on the wildlife filmmaking industry
Indonesia punishes illegal manta ray trader
In Indonesia’s “tough, new stance to protect manta rays and stop illegal fishing and trading” the first illegal trader of manta ray parts has been sentenced. The trader, known as Wrd, was arrested with four others in August and September of last year. This is the first sentencing to be handed down under the new law that was enacted last year.
Ikelite releases port extension
Ikelite has released a 2.2 inch port extension that provides compatibility for various longer lenses when used in conjunction with their mirrorless flat port. It attaches using Ikelite’s press-fit design common to their mirrorless and compact SLR housings.
Cozumel diving guide ebook available
Steve Rosenberg has let us know that his updated Dive Cozumel interactive eBook is available now. It features extensive information on both diving and land activities as well as practical travel recommendations and tips. It also includes a complete section on the marine life found in the waters near Cozumel.
Easydive announces the Leo III housing
Easydive has released a new version of their Leo housing. The Leo III uses electronic control of most camera functions, which allows it to be upgraded for use with different camera models. It ships with 2 Nikonos and fiber optic connectors. It can be fitted with port connections for other manufacturers ports if required.
Video: Shark sightings at the Shipwreck Graveyard
- Cold-Water Volcanic Vent Discovered (via DivePhotoGuide)
- The Economics of Tuna (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Can Fish Feel Pain? (via DivePhotoGuide)
- VIDEO: Is it a bird… No, it’s penguin-cam (via BBC)
- Lytro Takes a Dive…Literally (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Instagram Photo Feeds Now on the Web (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Photos Leaked for Latest Sony NEX (via DivePhotoGuide)
- February Monthly Contest Reminder (via DivePhotoGuide)
- AUDIO: Bee deaths ‘not down to pesticides’ (via BBC)
- DEEP Indonesia Competition Deadline Approaching (via DivePhotoGuide)