Coral, Fire and Ice in Calgary
Dr. Eugenie Clark by Howard Rosenstein
Video: Wakatobi Part 3 by Earth Touch
Earth Touch has continued their video exploration of Wakatobi in this week’s Wild Oceans episode. The video features more reef inhabitants, filmed by Stewart Whitfield. Amongst the species are Clark’s anemonefish (Amphiprion clarkii), the longnose butterflyfish (Forcipiger flavissimus) and the elusive freckled hawkfish (Paracirrhites forsteri).
Join Wetpixel in Raja Ampat in 2016
Sailors for the Sea launches Ocean Watch magazine
March issue of X Ray Mag available
The March 2015 issue of X Ray Magazine is now available for download. In issue #65, there are articles about Tiger Beach San Salvador and the Shark Feeder Program, Bahamas. In addition diving in Iceland, Malpelo, Kyrgyzstan and cave diving in China are featured along with GoPro use underwater.
Nauticam ships housing for Sony A7 Mark II
Nauticam has announced that their housing for the Sony a7 Mark II mirrorless camera is now shipping. The NA-A7II features lever controls for AF-ON, review and record. In addition, it features a switch to enable or disable the EVF. The port selection offers support for the Sony 16-25mm f4 rectilinear wide-angle zoom.
Video: Diving with a giant pyrosome
- Chasing Fairy Basslets (via DivePhotoGuide)
- EU budget raises wildlife concerns (via BBC)
- Purple sandpipers are ‘in decline’ (via BBC)
- Scuba diver dies off Durban (via African Diver)
- How to track an ‘invisible’ animal (via BBC)
- Festival seeks ‘next Attenborough’ (via BBC)
- Dogs ‘understand minds of humans’ (via BBC)
- Newsweek’s First Animated Cover Captured by Underwater… (via DivePhotoGuide)
- California Moves to Add Sharks to Endangered Species List (via DivePhotoGuide)
- DPG Announces January Monthly Contest Winners (via DivePhotoGuide)