Sea&Sea announces the MDX-EM5 Mark II housing
Sea&Sea has announced their housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 II mirrorless camera. The MDX-EM5 Mark II housing can be used with the Olympus supplied FL-EM3 flash unit to provide fiber optic strobe triggering. It is compatible with the company’s magnifying viewfinders, and has three grip options.
Video: The Thin Blue Line
Winners of Scuba Diving’s Through Your Lens announced
Borneo from Below: Sea Snakes
X-Ray issue 68 available
X-Ray Mag issue 68 is now available to download. Florida’s Palm Beaches are featured in the September/October edition, along with articles about British Colombia, blue sharks and symbiosis. In the photo & video column, Rico Besserdich presents an article on how to compile a portfolio.
Nauticam releases housing for Arri Alexa Mini
Nauticam, in conjunction with Hydroflex, has produced a housing for the Arri Alexa Mini camera. It offers support for many cinema and SLR lenses and is supplied with a 250mm (10”) dome. The housing supports surface control and provides space to mount an Anton Bauer “Gold Mount” battery plate in the back door. This also allows access to the camera’s CFast card.
Panasonic announces GH4R and V-Log L firmware update
Panasonic has announced an updated version of their GH4 camera and a paid-for firmware update that will add some of its new features to existing GH4 cameras to the new specification. The GH4R offers unlimited cinema 4K recording, and V-Log L capability. The new firmware allows an additional 2 stops of dynamic range, improved compatibility with the output from Panasonic’s Varicam and similar characteristics to Cineon.
Anilao guide published on iTunes
Underwater photographer Mike Bartick, together with Andrey Ryansky has published a free iBook featuring the diving and photography of Anilao, Philippines. The book has chapters about the the critters of the area, travel and hotel options and the diving. It is profuslely illustrated with Mike’s imagery.
- 62 Year-Old Albatross and Oldest Known Wild Bird Hatches Chick (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Inon Releases Macro Wet Lenses (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Highway Discovery: New Whale Species Discovered Under Freeway (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Viewpoint: Farm virus spreads to deer (via BBC)
- Explaining the Optical Low Pass Filter (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Inon seeks input into label designs for their Z240 strobe (via )
- Bees sense flowers’ electric signals (via BBC)
- Unfulfilled Expectations (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Glowing shark’s ‘lightsaber’ warning (via BBC)
- Tracking Europe’s alien invasion (via BBC)