Dive and See releases new broadcast monitors
Dive and See has released details of their new broadcast quality underwater monitors. These are factory sealed with internal rechargeable batteries and are neutrally buoyant. They are available with HDMI or 3G-SDI inputs and with a loop through to allows another monitor or a recorder to be connected into the video feed.
Nauticam announces housing for Sony RX100 III
Nauticam has announced the imminent release of their housing for the Sony DSC RX100 III compact camera. It features the Nauticam vacuum system electronics and two bulkheads. Strobe triggering is available via fiber optic cable.
Video: Curious octopus removes piece of underwater camera
Underwater photographer Joe Kistel was diving off Jacksonfille, Florida for the nonprofit artificial reef organization TISIRI on July 6th when he found a curious octopus. The octopus was so curious in fact that it came right up to the camera and disassembled a key piece of the underwater housing.
Anchovy school near Scripps pier in San Diego
The largest school of anchovy, that scientists have seen in more than three decades, formed off La Jolla Shores in San Diego, California last week. Scientists are unsure why the anchovy are schooling in such large numbers this year.
Video: RED Dragon underwater
Video: Schooling sharks in Fakarava
Wetpixel publisher Eric Cheng has posted some stunning footage of schooling grey reef sharks (Carcharhinus amblyrhynchos) at Fakarava’s south pass (Tomakohua) in French Polynesia. As it was shot with a Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera in CinemaDNG RAW format at 24fps, the colour correction and conversion was carried out in Lightroom.
Ikelite announces housing for RX100 III
Ikelite has announced their new housing for the Sony RX100 III. It features access to both front and rear control dials, which are critical for using the camera in manual mode. The front control ring is gear driven, making for easy access to the dial. The housing features dual fiber optic ports for strobe triggering.
Final call: SDUFEX 2014
- Dead blue whale could explode soon (via )
- Nikon updates D4s firmware to C:1.01 (via )
- How plastic bags end up in ocean garbage patches (via )
- Up to 32 percent of seafood in US caught illegally (via )
- David Doubilet split shot NG photo of the day (via )
- Are we using too much Photoshop? (via )
- 325 million year old shark fossil discovered (via )
- Scientists solve case of CA red abalone die off (via )
- Eyefi launches cloud service, photos everywhere immediately (via )
- Daniel Botelho on assignment for NG (via )