Inon is shipping their X-2 housing for the ESO 70D
Winners of University of Miami underwater photo contest announced
The winners of the University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science underwater photography contest have been announced. The best overall photograph was shot by Audrey Shpatak of a Japanese warbonnet in Rudnaya Bay, Japan.
Daniel Botelho exhibits at the Louvre
National Geographic photographer and Wetpixel contributor, Daniel Botelho is having a selection of his underwater images exhibited at the Louvre Museum, Paris. Entitled “Art from the SEVEN Seas”, the retrospective celebrates his 10 years of underwater image making and runs from 20 May to 15 June.
Norbert Wu’s Favorite Images: Orcas in Antarctica
Nauticam ships housing for Atomos Shogun
Nauticam has announced the availability of their long-awaited housing for the Atomos Shogun video monitor/recorder. Controls include access to touch-screen functions like “Waveform Monitoring Functions” and “Monitor Assist Functions” overlays. It is equipped with cooling fans powered via a battery in the housing, and Nauticam’s vacuum check system is supplied as standard.
Video: Under the Earth
Underwater photo shoot in a pool with an elephant
Video: Wild Oceans from Phuket, Thailand
Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans episode this week is from Phuket, Thailand. The dive site, Kata Reef is a unique and beautiful coral playground. Underwater cameraman Nicolas Lurot captures a mimic octopus (Thaumoctopus mimicus) making a dash for cover to evade a lionfish on the hunt and a giant frogfish (Antennarius commerson) as it “walks” along the seafloor.
- Photo Exhibition to Feature All Possible Photos (via DivePhotoGuide)
- VIDEO: Driver finds owl stuck in car grille (via BBC)
- Yawning Goby (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Mothers shape elephants’ future (via BBC)
- Urban light speeds sexual maturity (via BBC)
- Sea slug ‘disposable penis’ astounds (via BBC)
- VIDEO: Sea turtle gets artificial flippers (via BBC)
- Turtles Choose the Perfect Moment to Lay Eggs (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Can the Global Ocean Commission Help? (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Brian May unveils woodland vision (via BBC)