Adobe announces OS compatibility for Lightroom 6
In the first official announcement about it, Adobe has set out which operating systems Lightroom 6 will support. It will only work with Mac OS X 10.8 or above, or 64 bit versions of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1. Given that Windows 10 was announced today, it is likely that it will be supported too. The announcement does not set out when Lightroom 6 will be released, nor whether there will be a beta version as there has been with previous versions of the software.
Nauticam ships housing for Panasonic LX100
Nauticam is shipping their housing for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100. The NA-LX100 offers access to the camera’s three lens mounted control rings, for aperture, shutter speed and aspect ratio. The housing utilizes the new N50 port system, which offers varying port options.
Job opportunity: Marketing Manager @ Backscatter
Our friends at Backscatter Underwater Video and Photo are seeking a Marketing Manager to oversee the all company’s marketing tasks. The position is based in Monterey, California and they are ideally looking for someone to start in early February.
RIP Lotte Hass
Pioneer of diving and underwater imaging, Lotte Hass, passed away on 14 January. Lotte overcame many stereotypes to become a very early underwater image maker, and was instrumental in bringing images of the underwater world to a worldwide audience in the 1950’s. Our thoughts and condolences go out to her family and friends.
BSoUP announces the British and Irish Underwater Photography Championship
The British Society of Underwater Photographers (BSoUP) has launched the British and Irish Underwater Championship. Any image taken underwater between 10am and 10pm on 4 September 2105 within the UK and Ireland is eligible for entry.
Light & Motion launches Go Pro Sidekick on Kickstarter
Adobe releases Lightroom for Android
Adobe has announced that its Lightroom Mobile app is now available for Android devices. Included as a part of the Creative Cloud, the app allows the user to sync edits, metadata and collections between a mobile device and a Mac or Windows computer. It can also automatically import device images into a Lightroom catalog.
Call for entries: Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2015
- Rumors: Post CP+ Show Speculation for Nikon and Canon DSLRs (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Video: Photographing Antarctic’s Leopard Seal (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Mobile Photography Awards Feature Stunning Pics (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Canon Announces Firmware Update for EOS 1D-C (via DivePhotoGuide)
- DPG Announces December Monthly Contest Winners (via DivePhotoGuide)
- In Photos: The Hammerhead (via DivePhotoGuide)
- First Signs of Life Discovered in Antarctica’s Lake Whillans (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Shark Man serious after crash (via African Diver)
- How do you give a polar bear a ‘medical’? (via BBC)
- Great White Shark Finned in Mozambique (via African Diver)