2nd edition of Neville Coleman’s Nudibranch Encylopedia available to pre-order
The 2nd edition of Neville Coleman’s Nudibranchs Encyclopedia - Catalogue of Asia / Indo Pacific Sea Slugs is being released in September. The book contains over 2000 images and describes over 1198 species of nudibranch.
Video: Borneo from Below on Sipadan
Three Sisters management plan seeks user input
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has asked for consultation on another new proposed management plan for the Three Sister’s Springs, Florida. The new proposal is draconian for image makers. There is a consultation period, with the Fish and Wildlife Service soliciting email responses on the new plan. The deadline to have your voice heard is 4 September.
Video: Wild Oceans from the Phi Phi Islands
The latest edition of Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans channel was shot in the Phi Phi Islands Marine Reserve in the Andaman Sea, Thailand. It features footage of a pair of mating leopard sharks and a cuttlefish laying her eggs. There’s also a rare glimpse of a tiger-tail seahorse and some bizarre pufferfish behaviour.
Fantasea announces housing for Sony RX100 IV
Fantasea has announced a housing for the Sony RX100 IV compact camera. It features access to all camera controls and is shipping with a leak detector installed as standard.
Fantasea ships new video lights
Fantasea has announced two new 2500 lumen video lights. The Radiant Pro 2500 has adjustable outputs in wide, spot, red, UV, blue and flashing modes and burns for about 50 minutes at full power. The Radiant 2500 has 3 step power adjustment and a flashing mode with the same burn time.
2015 Monterey Shootout winners announced
Ask the Pros: Housing Maintenance
- Firmware update available for Olympus OM-D E-M5 (via )
- Eric Cheng speaks on “From Coral Reefs to the Light Field:… (via )
- Arabia’s extraordinary wildlife (via BBC)
- Seabirds Rescued from Dumped Oil Additive (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Lost Antarctic penguin found in NZ (via BBC)
- Protection of the wreck of the SAS Pietermaritzburg (via African Diver)
- The failing South African Fisheries Department (via African Diver)
- Canal fish removed for lock repairs (via BBC)
- Video: Ikelite Spring Product Preview (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Photographer Stephen Frink Named “Diver of the Year” (via DivePhotoGuide)