Nauticam ships housing for Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
Nauticam are shipping their housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II. The NA-EM10II features a locking camera mount tray, a shutter release extension that allows the shutter to be triggered from the tray handles and integrated circuitry for Nauticam’s vacuum monitoring system. Nauticam offers port support for 20 micro 4/3s lenses.
Great white shark predatory behavior captured by underwater drone
Book: Reflections from the Past by David Salvatori
Underwater photographer David Salvatori’s book about the Capodacqua Lake in Central Italy has been published. The lake is situated in beautiful scenery, crystal clear water and several submerged middle-age ruins.
Borneo from Below: Death by Plastic
The weekly web show, Borneo from Below, has published their latest episode online. This week features Bertie investigating the impact plastic has on our oceans indirectly and directly, in a sad occurrence of a deceased pilot whale whose stomach is filled with plastic garbage.
Pete Atkinson publishes ebook about diving and sailing in Polynesia
Pete Atkinson has published an ebook about his adventures above and below the surface while sailing around the South Pacific. In order to finance this, he earned a living taking pictures and having stories and his imagery published in diving and sailing magazines.
MBARI launches Deep-Sea Guide
The Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) has launched their Deep-Sea Guide. This gives access to the Institute’s database of 25 years worth of deep-sea ROV observations, which has not previously been open to the public. The database and its Video Annotation and Reference System software can be used to search for creatures via common or taxonomic names as well as data about occurrence, images of creatures and references.
Review: New World Publication pdf books
New World Publications has recently released 8 of their reference books as right managed pdfs. In addition, in November 2015, they released the second edition of their Reef Fish Identification - Tropical Pacific guidebook. Wetpixel editor, Adam Hanlon provides a review of the new format and the new book.
Earth Touch: Fish out of water
Earth Touch News has published their latest video in the Wild Oceans portion of their video library. This week features mudskippers, fish that can venture out of the water and do some cool stuff.
- Initial Analysis of James Cameron’s Expedition Revealed (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Adobe Camera Raw turns 10 (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Shark Scientist: Northwest Pacific Whites Aren't Threatened or… (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Nikon D600 "Dust" Service Advisory (via DivePhotoGuide)
- 62 Year-Old Albatross and Oldest Known Wild Bird Hatches Chick (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Inon Releases Macro Wet Lenses (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Highway Discovery: New Whale Species Discovered Under Freeway (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Viewpoint: Farm virus spreads to deer (via BBC)
- Explaining the Optical Low Pass Filter (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Inon seeks input into label designs for their Z240 strobe (via )