Launch of underwater photo exhibit at Nemo 33
Image: Alien Abstract by Daniel Selmeczi
Photoshop celebrates 25 years of digital manipulation
Photoshop celebrates its 25 year anniversary today. The software, originally called Display, was invented in 1987 by Thomas Knoll who then attempted to monetise it. Photoshop has since been released in 18 versions, and its name is now used a verb to describe any image that has been edited (“photoshopped”).
Divers discover gold coins off Mediterranean coast of Israel
Divers have discovered a trove of gold coins off the Mediterranean coast of Israel. The approximately 2,000 gold coins are believed to be 1,000 years old and are priceless in value.
Image: At the Office by Viktor Lyagushkin
Viktor Lyagushkin of Phototeam.pro has posted a picture of his new “office” onto Facebook. He was working with Nikon on an educational project and found that he needed some underwater images as illustrations. The closest site with clear water was Tver Quarry, near the city of Tver, Russia and Viktor teamed up with freediver Igor Azhykin to create this amazing image.
Video: 50 shades of Nudibranch
Earthtouch’s Wild Oceans YouTube channel features a short film entitled “50 shaded of Nudibranch.” It features footage of nudibranchs shot on the pristine reefs of Sodwana Bay, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa and includes an encounter with a dancing marine flatworm and a pair of nudibranchs in a lover’s embrace.
Kickstarter campaign to find the loneliest whale in the ocean
Wetpixel Ultimate French Polynesia
Join Wetpixel on our trip to French Polynesia to dive with huge schools of gray reef sharks (Carcharhinus amblyrhynchos) and the annual marbled or camouflaged grouper (Epinephelus polyphekadion) spawning aggregation for which its atolls are famous.
- New and Rare Creatures Discovered off NZ (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Nikon D600 and Nauticam NA-D600 Review (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Sony Updates Firmware for NEX Series (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Nauticam Announces Housing for Sony NEX 6 (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Indonesia: WWF's Lida Pet-Soede on Overfishing (via DivePhotoGuide)
- RIP Point-and-Shoots? (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Top 10 DPG Features from 2012 (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Sentencing of shark catcher welcomed (via African Diver)
- British Wildlife Photography Awards Now Open (via DivePhotoGuide)
- New York Underwater Photography Society Meeting: Adding Divers… (via DivePhotoGuide)