Video: The Thin Blue Line
Winners of Scuba Diving’s Through Your Lens announced
Borneo from Below: Sea Snakes
X-Ray issue 68 available
X-Ray Mag issue 68 is now available to download. Florida’s Palm Beaches are featured in the September/October edition, along with articles about British Colombia, blue sharks and symbiosis. In the photo & video column, Rico Besserdich presents an article on how to compile a portfolio.
Nauticam releases housing for Arri Alexa Mini
Nauticam, in conjunction with Hydroflex, has produced a housing for the Arri Alexa Mini camera. It offers support for many cinema and SLR lenses and is supplied with a 250mm (10”) dome. The housing supports surface control and provides space to mount an Anton Bauer “Gold Mount” battery plate in the back door. This also allows access to the camera’s CFast card.
Panasonic announces GH4R and V-Log L firmware update
Panasonic has announced an updated version of their GH4 camera and a paid-for firmware update that will add some of its new features to existing GH4 cameras to the new specification. The GH4R offers unlimited cinema 4K recording, and V-Log L capability. The new firmware allows an additional 2 stops of dynamic range, improved compatibility with the output from Panasonic’s Varicam and similar characteristics to Cineon.
Anilao guide published on iTunes
Underwater photographer Mike Bartick, together with Andrey Ryansky has published a free iBook featuring the diving and photography of Anilao, Philippines. The book has chapters about the the critters of the area, travel and hotel options and the diving. It is profuslely illustrated with Mike’s imagery.
Atomos unveils the Ninja Assassin
Atomos has announced the Ninja Assassin recorder/monitor. Aimed primarily at SLR and mirrorless shooters, it features HDMI input and 4K UHD or 1080 60p recording at 4:2:2 and 10-bits. The 7” monitor has 325ppi resolution and incorporates focus peaking, zooms, false color, zebras and waveform/vector scopes.
- The failing South African Fisheries Department (via African Diver)
- Canal fish removed for lock repairs (via BBC)
- Video: Ikelite Spring Product Preview (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Photographer Stephen Frink Named “Diver of the Year” (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Rumored Specifications for Upcoming Canon 7D Mk II (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Penis size matters to female moles (via BBC)
- Dolphins ‘mimic call of companions’ (via BBC)
- Olympus Announces XZ-10 Compact in USA (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Video: Massive Dolphin Pod off California (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Wetpixel Launches Redesign and New Features (via DivePhotoGuide)