Sperm whale rescue and recycling nets
In related news, a team from the Center for Coastal Studies, Massachusetts, USA, is seeking funding to undertake a rescue mission to remove a rope that has entangled a spem wjhale off Dominica and Fourth Element has launched their new range of OceanPositive clothing made of fiber from recycled ghost fishing nets
Google expands street view to include 40 more underwater locations
Google Street View has added 40 new locations around the world to their catalog of underwater locations just in time for World Oceans Day on June 8, 2015. Street View has worked in partnership with XL carlin Seaview Survey, NOAA’s office of National Marine Sanctuaries and the Chagos Conservation Trust. The locations include American Samoa, Bali, Bahamas and the Great Barrier Reef.
Norbert Wu’s Favorite Images: Monterey
In this week’s episode of underwater photographer Norbert Wu’s favorite images column, he talks about his return to diving in Monterey Bay and an image of a juvenile crab in a pelagic jellyfish (Pelagia colorata) that he shot with a Nikonos equipped withe extension tubes.
Happy World Oceans Day 2015
TTRobotix launches the Seawolf underwater drone
Video: Flying mobulas
Article: Avoiding data loss
FIX ships their Neo Mini 1000 SW video light
FIX is shipping their 1000 lumen Neo Mini SW video light. Offering both 25° spot and 95° wide modes, the light has externally rechargeable swappable batteries and its output can be controlled in 25% increments.
- Wildlife photos: How to take the best shots (via BBC)
- Katy Danca Galli Joins DPG Team as Photo Editor (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Video: Dive into “Baja” (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Beneath the Sea 2013 Photo Competition Results Announced (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Photo Exhibition to Feature All Possible Photos (via DivePhotoGuide)
- VIDEO: Driver finds owl stuck in car grille (via BBC)
- Yawning Goby (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Mothers shape elephants’ future (via BBC)
- Urban light speeds sexual maturity (via BBC)
- Sea slug ‘disposable penis’ astounds (via BBC)