Image: Tonga humpback and diver
Image: Snapping shrimp
Wetpixel member Jeffrey de Guzman (tankado) has submitted an image of a snapping shrimp, tentatively identified as Synalpheus neomeris. Apparently, not much is known about this species beyond that, in common with many other coral symbionts, they seem to eat mucus secreted by soft corals, thus also ingesting all organic particles trapped within it.
Rumor: Nikon developing an underwater camera
Dive and See housing for Atomos Ninja
Sony presents the PXW-Z100 4K pro camcorder
Sony updates its Action Cam
Sony has updated its Action Cam POV camera. The HDR-AS30V can capture 11.9 megapixel stills as well as HD footage at 1920x1080 60p/50p/30p/25p and 1280x720 60p or 1280x720 120p via a back-illuminated 16MP EXMOR R sensor. It has a 170° lens and a new waterproof housing that is smaller and lighter than its predecessor but a little less rugged.
Sealux unveils their housing for the Sony FS700
Sealux has announced their new housing for the Sony NEX-FS700 FS Series Camcorder. Constructed of aluminum with a 90m (295 ft) depth rating, it provides access to all camera functions, and has an eyepiece tube that allows the user to use the camera’s own viewfinder to frame and monitor the images being captured.
Nauticam announces its housing for the Sony RX100 II
Nauticam has announced their housing for the Sony RX100 II compact camera. It features a 67mm thread for the attachment of wide-angle or macro wet lenses, and a bulkhead port to take advantage of the camera’s hot shoe.
- Ocean leaders write to protect Antarctica’s ocean (via )
- Seagulls attack and kill whales in Argentina (via )
- Photo of the day is a split shot of manatees (via )
- Video of deepest diving pool on earth (via )
- Sony RX1R review: “Better than medium format” (via )
- Firmware updates for Panasonic GH3 and G5 (via )
- Great White Shark federal status controversial (via )
- National Wildlife 2013 photo contest open for entries (via )
- Photo of Caimans at night in Brazil (via )
- Canon showcases EOS 70D new AF capabilities (via )