Tamron announces 10-24mm f3.5-4.5 lens
Beyonce announces second pregnancy to the world with underwater photographs
Beyonce, American singer, songwriter and actress, announced her latest pregnancy of twins with a photography album of images that was underwater photography centric. The initial image that was released, although not underwater, was the most liked image on Instagram ever. Although the underwater maternity images are not the most technically impressive photographs, they have certainly brought attention to a under appreciated medium of maternity photography.
Final call: Our World Underwater 2017
The deadline for entries to the 2017 Our World Underwater Underwater Imaging contest (OWU) is now very close. All entries have to submitted by 11:59 PST tonight. Please upload you best images onto the contest’s website as soon as you can!
RIP Rob Stewart
After an intensive search, Rob Stewart’s body was found by an ROV close to the wreck that he and his team was diving on late on Friday afternoon. The Wetpixel communities hearts are heavy today and our thoughts and prayers go out to his many friends and family.
Paper quantifies benefits of shark diving to Bahamas economy
Urgent help needed: Rob Stewart missing off Islamorada, Florida
Environmentalist, shark activist and filmmaker Rob Stewart did not return from a dive off Islamorada in the Florida Keys yesterday. Search assets are being mobilised now, and if you have a boat or skills that may be useful in a search and recovery operation, please contact the Florida Coast Guard centre or if you are at sea, the cutter Charles Sexton on channel 16.
Results of World Shoot Out announced
The 2017 World Shootout announced its results live on stage at the BOOT Show last weekend. The individual “Best of Show” went Virginia Salzedo and the U.S.A. Team won the Global Championship. Congratulations to all those that were placed and especially to the many Wetpixel members in the rankings!
Retra provides full specifications for their Flash
Further to Alex Mustard’s preview of the new Retra Flash, the company has released details about it too. The new strobe offers electrical or optical triggering with the latter having S-TTL available. Crucially, Retra have attempted to provide a smooth even light source, emphasizing the quality of light that it produces.
- Instagram adds pinch and zoom to photos (via )
- Underwater expedition off California reveals sunken warship (via )
- Canon announces firmware upgrade for EOS 1D X Mark II. (via )
- Nikon updates distortion control utility to 2.015 (via )
- Nikon adds support for D3400 to NX-D, View NX-i NEF Codec and… (via )
- Sony updates a7R II firmware to v.3.30 (via )
- GoPro updates HERO 4 Black and Silver firmware to v.04.00.00 (via )
- Meet the animal that lives for 11,000 years (via )
- From fins to hands, a deep evolutionary link is discovered (via )
- Inspiring underwater adventures of a boy with autism (via )