Think Tank updates Airport Roller bags
Think Tank Photo has announced updated version of their Airport rolling camera bags. The Airport Security V.3 and Airport International V.2 feature improved handles, greater durability, dedicated laptop, tablet compartments and security features that make it more difficult for gear to be stolen.
Nauticam ships Compact Macro Converter version 2
Nauticam are shipping version 2 of their Compact Macro Converter (CMC). It is designed to enhance the sharpness, autofocus and contrast of compact cameras housed with flat ports without the extreme magnification of the CMC version 1. The lens is designed for water contact and is constructed of specially formulated low dispersion optical grade glass with broadband anti-reflective coatings.
Scuba diving magazine’s photo contest winners announced
The winners of Scuba Diving magazine’s 2016 underwater photography contest have been announced. The contest is divided into four categories: wide-angle, macro, conceptual and compact camera. This is the 12th year that the photo competition has been running.
Introducing Secrets of the Seas by Alex Mustard and Callum Roberts
Wetpixel Associate Editor Alex Mustard has teamed up with marine scientist and author Callum Roberts to present a “visual celebration of the life within and beneath the world’s seas and oceans” in their new book: Secrets of the Seas. Each chapter features a 1500 word essay about the challenges facing the marine environment and tales of “oceanography, marine life and human history”.
Shark attack survivor, advocate and underwater photographer
Mike Coots was just 18 years old when he lost his leg during a shark attack in Hawaii. While the obvious next step might be to never return to the water again, Coots has become an advocate for sharks as well as a professional photographer and accomplished underwater photographer. His passion for the ocean predator comes through on his wildly popular Instagram account.
Inon announces Z Mount Adaptor
Gates offers STO clinic prior to Wildscreen
Giant Australian Cuttlefish Aggregation by Don Silcock
- Lisa Michele Burns’ the World From the Water (via )
- Sea Shepherd launches operation driftnet (via )
- Scientists solve century old mystery of Tully monster (via )
- Panasonic updates GH4 firmware to 2.5 (via )
- Sony updates firmware for a7R II, a7R, a7S, a7 II, a7, a6000 and… (via )
- Adobe Camera RAW 9.5 is available now (via )
- Lightroom 2015.5/6.5 available now (via )
- Always watch your back in photo shoots next to the ocean (via )
- The sea nomad children who see like dolphins (via )
- Last of six toothfish poachers arrested in Indonesia (via )