New marine reserves announced at the Our Oceans Conference
Adobe announces new and updated Creative Cloud apps
Significant new and upgraded Creative cloud apps have been announced at Adobe’s MAX Conference today. New mobile apps include Photoshop Fix and Adobe capture CC, while Lightroom mobile gets updated capabilities. On the desktop, Lightroom gets local Dehaze adjustments and a new, simplified import dialog. Premiere Pro now offers comprehensive native UHD support with additional color and HDR workflows. Adobe has also announced Portfolio, which offers Creative Cloud subscribers the ability to create portfolio websites.
Scientists find first ever biofluorescent reptile in Solomon Islands
Marine biologist David Gruber, of City University of New York, chanced upon the first ever recorded bioflurescing reptile this July in the Solomon Islands. The critically endangered Hawksbill sea turtle that he and his team filmed was fluorescing red and green. Image from Shutterstock.
Borneo from Below: Frogfish
The latest Borneo from Below episode, Photographing a Freak of Nature, has been released on line. This week Bertie takes us to check out the Frogfish around Borneo.
Video: Diver surrounded by hammerhead sharks
Apple upgrades OS to El Capitan
GoPro releases Hero + without the LCD and a lower price tag
GoPro has just released a version of their entry level GoPro Hero + without the LCD screen and a low MSRP of $199. The Hero + with LCD was released in June of this year. The new version still has the 60 fps at 1080p recording as well as Wi-Fi but with a price tag $100 less. The Hero + is $70 more than the Hero, which does not have either capability.
Paper shows cooperation between rabbitfishes
Nature has published a paper that illuminates the complex nature of relationships among fishes. A study carried out around Lizard Island, Greta Barrier Reef, Australia has shown that rabbitfishes (Siganus corallinus, S. doliatus, S. puellus, and S. vulpinus) operate as pairs, with one partner maintaining a look-out while the other feeds. behavior suggests that the fish have powers of cognition, reciprocity and cooperation that were previously not associated with fishes in general. (Image by BS Thurner Hof).
- New product - the Quikpod (via African Diver)
- Dolphin therapy and swimming with dolphins (via African Diver)
- Bull shark research in Mozambique - 3 Fathoms (via African Diver)
- Dive China 2013 (via African Diver)
- Conservation in Mozambique - Eyes on the Horizon (via African Diver)
- DRT Show - World-class DIVING, RESORT & TRAVEL EXPO on December… (via African Diver)
- If August was bad November was worse! 4 mantas killed by gill… (via African Diver)
- Issue 25 now available (via African Diver)
- In Pictures: Cracking croc scales (via BBC)
- DIVEMAG English Issue 10 (via )