Behind the Shot: Konrad Malek
Paul Allen’s mega yacht destroys large percentage of protected reef in Cayman Islands
The 300-foot mega yacht of Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, MV Tatoosh, reportedly dragged its anchor and destroyed 80 percent of a protected reef in the Cayman Islands. The reef, known as the West Bay Replenishment Zone, has been protected for 30 years.
Olympus announces the PEN-F
Olympus has announced the PEN F mirrorless micro 4/3s camera. It features retro styling, based on the original PEN-F that was released in 1963. The new camera has a 20MP sensor, 5 axis image stabilization and a OLED viewfinder. It claims the fastest shutter release time of any compact and several AF modes.
Borneo from Below: Episode 24
Episode 24 of Borneo from Below has been published online. This week they focus on a member of the Scuba Junkie team, Simon Lloyd, who is former police officer turned divemaster in Borneo.
Adobe updates Lightroom to 6.4/CC 2015.4
Adobe has launched a significant update to Lightroom. Version 6.4/CC 2015.4 significantly improves performance with editing updates being applied much more quickly and 1:1 previews being preemptively built. There has also been improvements to the Panorama Merge function (in CC version only) and the user can select the location that Lightroom Mobile images are stored in.
Adobe launches the Lightroom Coffee Break
Adobe has announced a series of 60 second or less Lightroom mini tutorials highlighting key tips and techniques. Entitled the “Lightroom Coffee Break”, and being posted bi-monthly, each episode will be presented by longtime Lightroom team member Benjamin Warde.
Image: Humpback with herring by Fabrice Guerin
World Shootout announces live broadcasts
- The most common vertebrate in the world is a fish (via )
- Adobe Dehaze: a tool for dealing with backscatter (via )
- Facebook unveils new Snapchat-esque photo editing (via )
- Starfish excrete foreign bodies through their arms (via )
- Tamales Bay revival exceeds expectations in just seven years (via )
- Swimming with sharks off Oahu, Hawaii (via )
- NG photo of the day Orcas by Paul Nicklen (via )
- 33 year-old orca dies after a lifetime in captivity (via )
- Japan to resume Antarctic whaling later this… (via )
- Tiger shark steals underwater camera rig (via )