Keldan announces the LUNA 4X video light
Keldan is now shipping a 6,000 Lumen video light with a 110° beam angle with a color rendering index of 82. The 4X has a burn time of 45 minutes at full power with batteries that can be changed in the field.
Panasonic announces the HC-X1000 4K camcorder
Panasonic has announced the HC-X1000 4K camcorder. Capable of recording digital cinema 4K at 60p/50p (150 Mbps) onto internal SD cards and a high performance Leica lens. Perhaps even more remarkably, the camera will retail for $3,499.99 when it ships in mid October.
Sealux ships housing for the Sony AX100
Sealux has announced their housing for the Sony FDR-AX100/HDR-CX900. The housing features a monitor back plate that allows for viewing of the camera’s LCD, and a large 90mm bayonet mount to allow for the 74° wide-angle lens.
Sea&Sea announces housing for the Sony a6000
Sea&Sea has announced their housing for the Sony a6000 mirrorless camera. The company has designed a new ML mount for ports and provides support Sony 16mm f/2.8 Wide Angle lens, Sony 30mm f/3.5 Macro lens, Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom lens and Sony 10-18mm Wide Angle Zoom lens. It offers support for fiber optic strobe triggering and the camera’s LCD can be tilted 10° for improved viewing.
Two viral videos about the amazing Mantis Shrimp
As underwater photographers, we know enough about mantis shrimps that we exercise caution when photographing them. But did you know mantis shrimps and Pringles potato chips share something in common? Here are two viral and informative videos about these amazing critters that took over the internet this week. (Image from Shutterstock).
Video: The Great Blue by Howard Hall
Video: Endless Blue by Joe Romeiro
Joe Romeiro of 333 Productions has posted some stunning footage of blue sharks (Prionace glauca) filmed in Rhode Island. He has now done several night shoots with the blues, the sharks are very interested by the lights and the camera electronics so it is not something he would recommend!
Hack allows Sony F5 to record 4K internally
- X-Ray magazine issue 60 available to download (via )
- Wolffish by David Doubilet NG photo of the day (via )
- Underwater Photography magazine issue 78 is available (via )
- Blue footed booby population declines in Galapagos (via )
- Seals in Farne Islands filmed with GoPro (via )
- Dead blue whale could explode soon (via )
- Nikon updates D4s firmware to C:1.01 (via )
- How plastic bags end up in ocean garbage patches (via )
- Up to 32 percent of seafood in US caught illegally (via )
- David Doubilet split shot NG photo of the day (via )