Video: Wreckage-An Enemy is Born
Report: Marseille show 2014
The 2014 Festival Mondial de l’image Sous-Marin was held in Marseille from 30 October to 2 November. Wetpixel was fortunate to have their “roving reporter” Ellen Cuylaerts attend the show and she has kindly written a personal report of the show. For the full official results of the Festival’s winning still images and video, please see the event’s website
Interview with Darren Rice
Amazon announces free unlimited photo storage for prime members
Amazon just announced today that prime members will have free unlimited photo storage on Amazon Cloud Drive. The new service is called Prime Photos and will allow users to store original resolution photos from any device including Mac computers, Windows PCs, and iOS, Android and Fire phones and tablets.
Ikelite announces housing for Nikon D750
Ikelite has announced their housing for the Nikon D750 SLR camera. Manufactured from the company’s trademark clear acrylic, it features TTL strobe triggering (with compatible strobes) and flash output adjustment via a control on the rear of the housing.
Underwater Photographer of the Year 2015 open for entries
The 2015 Underwater Photographer of the Year (UPY) contest is now open and calling for entries. The contest will award a best of show prize called “Underwater Photographer of the Year” as well as a prize for the “British Underwater Photographer of the Year” and the “Most Promising British Underwater Photographer of the Year”. The closing date for entries is 5 January 2015, with category winners announced and prizes handed out on the PhotoZone stage at the London International Dive Show on 14 February 2015.
DxO releases OpticsPro 10
DxO has announced an upgrade to their OpticsPro image processing software. Version 10 features a “haze reduction” tool called ClearView, which could be an interesting tool underwater, as well as an upgraded version of their PRIME noise reduction process. OpticsPro 10 has improved its boot speed and will now also support DNG files, enhancing compatibility with Adobe’s products.
UW Photographer Elena Kalis’ images of her daughter
- July issue of DIVE available to download (via )
- GoPro successfully goes public, valued at over $3B (via )
- Apple officially ceases development of Aperture (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.1.2 (via )
- A new underground aquarium in Mexico City (via )
- NG photo of the day by David Doubilet (via )
- Bycatch in US is costly financially as well as environmentally (via )
- Nikon D810 specifications and images leaked (via )
- Black Magic announces Camera Utility update to v 1.8 (via )
- Canon issues product advisory for EOS 5D Mark III (via )