Aquatica announces housing for Sony a6500
Aquatica has announced (pdf) their housing for the Sony a6500 mirrorless camera. It will ship with an adjustable tray and two handles and is designed to be used with or without handles. Flash options include fiber, Nikonos or Ikelite bulkheads and there is an optional under camera saddle power pack available.
Ocean Views is now part of the Windland Awards
Rare beaked whale filmed underwater for first time ever
Yesterday a 45-second video clip of a True’s beaked whale (Mesoplodon mirus) was released to the world, along with a study published in the scientific journal PeerJ. This was the first underwater video ever recorded of this particular whale species, and one of only a handful of live sightings. True’s beaked whales can hold their breaths for hours and are believed to dive as deep as 10,000 feet.
Video: Misool Foundation
The Misool Foundation has released a new film showcasing the work that the organisation does to protect the Misool Marine Conservation Area in Raja Ampat, Indonesia. Filmed by Shawn Heinrichs, the film shows how sustainable ecotourism combined with community based conservation can ensure be effective in reducing largely negative human impact.
Inon ships monitor housing for Sony RM-LVR3
Inon has announced the release of their housing for the RM-LVR3 monitor that ships with the Sony FDR-X3000R/HDR-AS300R Action Cams. It is designed to attach to the Inon SD Mount Base for the camera. As the monitor uses wifi to connect to the camera, it is crucial that the two are mounted closely together.
Video of baby whale shark being released from fishing net
Earth Touch News has released a video of a baby whale shark pup being released from a gillnet back to the ocean in India. The fisherman found the small whale shark entangled in his net off the west coast of India near the fishing village of Sutrapada and filmed the release back to the wild. Baby whale sharks are rarely seen and sightings like this could aid in the locating whale shark breeding grounds.
Understanding Papua New Guinea by Don Silcock
Report: Gulen Nudibranch Safari
- Canon announces firmware upgrade for EOS 1D X Mark II. (via )
- Nikon updates distortion control utility to 2.015 (via )
- Nikon adds support for D3400 to NX-D, View NX-i NEF Codec and… (via )
- Sony updates a7R II firmware to v.3.30 (via )
- GoPro updates HERO 4 Black and Silver firmware to v.04.00.00 (via )
- Meet the animal that lives for 11,000 years (via )
- From fins to hands, a deep evolutionary link is discovered (via )
- Inspiring underwater adventures of a boy with autism (via )
- Adobe updates Photoshop CC TO 2015.5.1 (via )
- Whale shark in Qatar (via )