Voting for Por el Planeta people’s choice award now open
Virgin launches Ocean Unite
Virgin has launched Ocean Unite, a program designed to unify and amplify the conservation message of a variety of NGO’s, ocean supporters and influential voices.Virgin has launched Ocean Unite, a program designed to unify and amplify the conservation message of a variety of NGO’s, ocean supporters and influential voices.
Happy Earth Day 2015
Happy Earth Day 2015 to the Wetpixel community. Today is the day that celebrates the wonderful, diverse and threatened environments which we are fortunate to observe, film and photograph around the globe. So, let’s each of us do our part to make the planet a better place for all its inhabitants by performing some kind of environmental activity today….
Image: Freediver beneath the surface
Kipon announces Canon to Micro 4/3s AF lens adapter
Kipon has announced an adaptor that gives full AF performance for Canon EF and EF-S lenses on Micro 4/3s cameras. Called the “*HIGH SPEED Auto Focus Electronic Adapter”, it has electronic contacts and its own circuit board with a chip. This allows EXIF information to be recorded by the camera body too.
Adobe Lightroom CC/6: Details and Review
Adobe has now launched Lightroom CC/6 and it is available for purchase as a stand-alone (6) or as an update for Creative Cloud subscribers. Wetpixel has been able to use the new app for the past week or so, and hence are uniquely placed to give some early thoughts and feedback about it, as well as provide notes about all the changes and how underwater image makers may make use of them.
Job Opportunity: Backscatter Underwater Photo and Video
Our friends at Backscatter Underwater Photo and Video have a job opportunity for a salesperson. The position is based in Monterey, California and they are looking someone that already dives and shoots images and/or video underwater to support their retail operation. For more details, please contact Backscatter.
Defending a master’s thesis underwater
Graduate student Mike Irvine of the University of Victoria did something even more difficult than defending one’s masters thesis, he did it underwater. The theme of his master of education thesis centers on putting underwater cameras into the hands of students to connect them to the ocean and motivate them to engage in marine science.
- Issue 81 of Underwater Photographer Magazine is now available (via )
- Go diving in Nevada before or after DEMA this year (via )
- Oceana study shows one-third of shrimp sold is mislabeled (via )
- Gordon Laing reviews the Panasonic LX100 4K compact (via )
- Great White Sharks NG photo of the day by Marc Henauer (via )
- Sea lion attacks scuba diver (via )
- Napolean Wrasse by Christian Miller NG photo of the day (via )
- Kickstarter funded Pronto charges camera batteries 12x faster (via )
- Delkin debuts most rugged SD cards that are virtually… (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX-D and View NX (via )