Mangrove announces the MVHS-X70
Aditech has announced their housing for the Sony PXW-X70 and the HDR-CX900 camcorder. It has LANC control for 25 camera functions via 12 electromagnetic external push-buttons. Framing is via a 3.5” TFT LCD screen or an optional AUO 3.5” 16:9 ultra-high resolution monitor.
Results: DEEP 2015
The results of Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide’s 2015 DEEP contest have been announced. Congratulations to all who placed in our contest and especially to Eduardo Acevedo for his stunning image “Open Water” that won the Animal Portraits category and was voted Best of Show by our esteemed judges.
X-Ray Magazine issue 66 is available
Issue 66 of X-Ray Magazine is now available to download. Featured in this issue is diving in the Bosphorus Strait, British Columbia’s freshwater interior, India’s Andaman Islands; Micronesia’s Yap and the sea lions of Los Islotes. Also included are articles about Bimini Shark Lab, lighting for underwater photography and a profile of photographer Tina Christiansen.
BBC “Shark” series goes to air
RGBlue announces image magnifier
RGBlue has released a magnification system that enlarges the view of a camera’s LCD screen. The magnifier uses “light condensing lens technology” to overcome the loss in magnification caused by water contact with the lens. The company has also released a micro flex arm to mount the magnifier.
Issue 84 of Underwater Photography Magazine is available
The May/June edition of Underwater Photography Magazine is available to download. It includes reviews of the Nauticam CMC, Saga Dive Fiber Optic Ring Flash, Vivid Housings Leak Sentinel and the G7 X compact camera. In terms of marine life, it has images of a thresher shark birth S and giant Australian cuttlefish. Featured locations include Cuba, the Mergui Archipelago and Wakatobi.
Sea&Sea announces housing for Sony a7 Mark II
Sea&Sea has announced their housing for the Sony a7 Mark II mirrorless camera. In addition, the company is supply a conversion ring that will allow the use of NX ports as well as the standard ML ones. The MDX-a7II is compatible and can be supplied with the internal Optical YS-Converter which converts the camera’s electrical flash triggering into an optical signal.
Fantasea releases details of housing for Canon G7 X
- Kodak’s 360 degree action cam (via )
- Issue 81 of Underwater Photographer Magazine is now available (via )
- Go diving in Nevada before or after DEMA this year (via )
- Oceana study shows one-third of shrimp sold is mislabeled (via )
- Gordon Laing reviews the Panasonic LX100 4K compact (via )
- Great White Sharks NG photo of the day by Marc Henauer (via )
- Sea lion attacks scuba diver (via )
- Napolean Wrasse by Christian Miller NG photo of the day (via )
- Kickstarter funded Pronto charges camera batteries 12x faster (via )
- Delkin debuts most rugged SD cards that are virtually… (via )