Nauticam ships housing for EOS 1D X Mark II
Nauticam are shipping their housing for the Canon EOS 1D X Mark II. It offers full access to the camera’s multi controller, as well as “piano key” access to Quick Control and SET buttons. Customizable function can be operated from a lever, and there are additional levers for AF-On, Video Record/Live View, Info, and Playback. Nauticam has also announced a new TTL flash trigger for Canon.
Image: Zeus faber by Domy Tripodi
OceanLight | See What You Can’t See by Underwater Tribe
Wetpixel Moderator Mike Veitch and Luca Vaime have been shooting and testing the Sony A7s II camera underwater. As most people will be aware, this is a mirrorless full frame camera with an outstanding ISO capability. Mike and Luca deliberately pushed and stretched the camera’s ISO performance by diving very early in the morning, late in the afternoon and inside wrecks.
Report: SnotBot Sea of Cortez Expedition by Christian Miller
Article published on cookie cutter shark bites of whales
A new article published this month in PLOS ONE journal gives insight into the mysterious deep sea shark, the cookie cutter shark. The scientists, Peter Best and Theoni Photopoulou of the Centre for Statistics in Ecology at the University of Cape Town, South Africa, studied bite marks on whale carcasses for the study.
Stanford develops underwater robot
Engadget has published an article about OceanOne, a “humanoid diving robot” that has been developed by Stanford for use in research of coral reefs in the Red Sea. It has two “eyes” giving stereoscopic vision and a pair of dextrous manipulator arms. The latter are equipped with sensors that give the pilot feedback about the amount of force being applied.
Adobe updates Lightroom, Camera Raw and Lightroom Mobile
Behind the scenes of underwater shoot for chocolate milk
Chocolate milk has a brand new ad campaign called Built with Chocolate Milk that features medaled swimmers Jessica Hardy and Tyler Clarey in stunning black and white underwater images. The behind the scenes video of the ad campaign features underwater photographer Zena Holloway and a little insight on what it takes to get the shot.
- Motion and Compressor update to 5.2.2. and 4.2.1 (via )
- Final Cut Pro updates to 10.2.2. (via )
- New sculptures on Thames by Jason deCaires Taylor (via )
- Chiara Vigo, the last woman to make sea silk (via )
- Polaroid Snap: 10 megapixel instant digital camera (via )
- Preview 3 images from Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2015 (via )
- $1k fine for flying drones too close to Orcas (via )
- iPhone 6s camera to shoot 12MP photos and 4k video (via )
- Apple brings photography to the masses (via )
- 10 tips for an u/w photo shoot by Jenna Martin (via )