Ikelite ships 8 inch DLM port
Sea&Sea releases housing for Sony a7 Mark III
Sea&Sea are shipping their housing for the Sony a7 Mark III mirrorless camera. It is compatible with all Sea&Sea’s DX port series, optical viewfinders and S1 Optical Converter and features a Buoyancy Pocket that can accommodate an additional power pack to power the camera and helps to make the relatively small housing only 700 grams negative in the water.
Seacam ships housing for Sony a7 Mark III
Atomos to ship Ninja V soon
Atomos will be shipping their Ninja V 4K HDR monitor/recorder by the end of September. Designed to work with the new crop of mirrorless cameras, it offers a 5 inch, 1000 nit monitor and 10 plus stops of dynamic range. Recording is to Atomos AtomX SSDmini drives, as well as existing MasterCaddy 2 compatible media.
Japanese bid to lift whaling ban fails
Blackmagic Design releases RAW codec
Blackmagic Design has released a public beta of their new RAW codec. Incorporated into the URSA Mini Pro camera beta update, part of the de-mosaic process will be handled in camera. This, Blackmagic states offers: “The quality, bit depth, dynamic range and controls as RAW, but with much better performance and smaller file sizes than most popular video codecs.”
Paper calls for ban on shark fin consumption and trade
A paper authored by researchers at the the University of Hong Kong and published in the journal Marine Policy has found that only 12% of shark fisheries can be considered sustainable. This means that 25,000 tons of shark fin on the market is obtained from unsustainable sources.
Video: Scott Portelli discusses shooting Humpback heat run
Australian underwater photographer Scott Portelli discusses shooting a humpback whale heat run in Tonga earlier this year. He was in the water with 15 adult humpback whales as they came barreling toward him and still managed to get the shot. The video includes underwater and aerial footage of the heat run as well as Portelli discussing what it takes to get the shot in a humpback whale heat run.
- Olympus releases firmware version 2.2.1 for E-M1 Mark II (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic CC and Camera Raw (via )
- Sony updates A9 firmware to 3.01 (via )
- Skylum updates Luminar to version 1.3.0 (via )
- Canon updates firmware for EOS 6D Mark II to version 1.04 (via )
- Nikon updates firmware for Df, D810, D610 and Coolpix cameras (via )
- Nikon updates firmware for D850, D750, D500, D7500, D7200,… (via )
- Canon releases service advisory for EOS 70D (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for GH5, GH5s and G9 cameras (via )
- Nikon releases firmware version 1.30 for D5 camera (via )