TRT Electronics announces the mobi TTL converter
TRT-Electronics has announced the availability of the mobi TTL electro-optical converter. It is designed to be attached anywhere within a housing using velcro. The mobi offers a brighter LED output than the original TRT units and is available in Nikon or Canon versions now with Sony and Olympus versions to be available soon.
UwP Magazine issue 99 is available
Show report: DEMA 2017
The Diving Equipment and Marketing Association (DEMA) hosts the world largest diving trade only show. For 2017, this is being held at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida over 1 to 4 November. Wetpixel reports “live” from the event every year, to try and bring a flavour of the show to those that cannot attend. We will be adding daily updates so please keep checking back
Gates announces Pro Explore housing
Achtel Pty announces Vanquish Weapon housing
Pawel Achtel ACS has announced the Vanquish Weapon housing for the RED Weapon camera. Designed for 8K imaging, it uses Nikonos optics and has an onboard OLED monitor that displays feedback from environmental sensors. Constructed of coated titanium, it weighs 4.5 kg and can be taken onto aircraft as a carry on.
The first underwater restaurant in Europe to open in Norway
Europe’s first underwater restaurant is slated to open early next year in Norway. The restaurant will seat 100 people and is located in Båly, a town on the south coast of Norway. The building is modern and appears to be tipping into the water with a large panoramic window that will allow diners to view the abundant underwater life. The restaurant will focus on local cuisine.
Video: Lembeh Tips and Techniques
DxO acquires the Nik Collection
DxO has purchased the Nik Collection assets from Google. The new owner plans to continue to offer the existing Nik Collection as free plugins, but will be developing new versions for release in mid-2018. The company has already incorporated Nik’s U Point technology into their new PhotoLab (previously DxO OpticsPro) RAW conversion software. The existing Nik Collection can be downloaded after supplying an email address.
- The last surviving sea silk seamstress (via )
- Saving endangered fish during a raging wildfire (via )
- Illegal fishermen caught red handed in East Timor by Sea Shepherd (via )
- First Global Ocean Refuge Systems awards announced (via )
- Adobe offers advice about D850 support in Lightroom (via )
- A dozen sharks found swimming in a basement pool (via )
- How plesiosaurs swam through the oceans (via )
- First 8K time-lapse shot with the Nikon D850 (via )
- Nikon updates software with D850 support (via )
- Ancient giant sloth found in underwater cave (via )