Megamouth shark specimen found in Philippines
A rare megamouth shark was discovered in a fisherman’s net this week in the Philippines. The megamouth shark is so rare in fact, that less than 70 specimens have ever been recorded, the first being in 1976.
Sea&Sea announces the MDX-D810 housing
Sea&Sea has announced full details of their housing for the Nikon D810. The MDX-D810 is compatible with their Internal Optical YS converter and the new Fiber Optic cable II. It also features a zoom/focus gear that can be retracted in order to insert big diameter lenses.
Alex Mustard offers underwater photography masterclass
Ginclearfilm offers filmmaking seminar
Field review: Inon GoPro accessory system
Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon presents a field review of Inon’s GoPro accessory system. It features a cage mounting system, two wet conversion lenses, arms and lights. The review was carried out at Tiger Beach during the Wetpixel Tiger Sharks Expedition.
Keri Wilk’s sperm whale poonado goes viral
Spaces available for Wetpixel Oceanic Whitetips Expedition
We have a few spaces left on our trip to Cat Island, Bahamas to dive and photograph the amazing oceanic whitetip sharks (Carcharhinus longimanus) that are resident there from March through June. The trip dates are from the 12 to 18 April 2015. Please email Adam if you are interested
Sea&Sea updates MDX housing for 5D Mark III
Sea&Sea has announced a new version of their MDX housing for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III. The MDX-5DMKIII Ver. 2 housing has a movable zoom/focus gear to allow larger diameter lenses to be inserted, has an adjustable shutter release and is equipped with Sea& Sea’s Internal YS Optical Converter, which allows TTL fiber optic triggering of strobes.
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.6 (via )
- Announcing Fit Diver magazine (via )
- World’s largest aquatic insect discovered in China (via )
- Blackmagic design updates camera firmware to version 1.8.2 (via )
- Adobe releases Camera Raw release candidate version 8.6 (via )
- Free Aperture to Lightroom migration tool in open beta (via )
- Seahorses growl when stressed study shows (via )
- Artist Nathaniel Stern and his team make underwater scans (via )
- Japan’s prime minister confirms whale hunt to resume in… (via )
- Nikon NX-D software to be released for free in a week (via )