21 illegal shark fishermen arrested in the Galapagos Marine Reserve
21 illegal shark fishermen were caught and arrested in the Galapagos Marine Reserve last week. Park rangers in the reserve spotted the suspicious vessel through their electronic surveillance. After chasing the main boat and six smaller vessels for a full twenty-four hours, eventually the rangers caught up and arrested all the crew, seized the vessels and recovered the catch.
Zeiss announces the Batis 18mm lens
Volunteers sought to document coral bleaching
Exposure Labs makers of the documentary “Chasing Ice”, are seeking underwater photographers to contribute imagery towards an attempt to document the worldwide effects of coral bleaching. Each volunteer will need to be available and in a suitable location for at least 3 days between now and 31 May. (Image from Shutterstock).
Canon announces firmware updates to video products
Canon has announced a series of firmware updates for its Cinema EOS, Hd video and 4K Reference Display products. Among the refinements are Canon Log3 and control enhancements for the C300 Mark II, control enhancements for the C100 Mark II and a new file formate for the XA35 and XA30 cameras.
Adobe offers preview of new video editing features
Adobe has given a sneak preview of forthcoming enhancements to Premiere Pro and its other video apps. The new features focus on new media management, giving greater control over the ingest process. Premiere will work natively with 6K or 8K files and Premiere can automatically generate low res proxies on import, allowing editing on less powerful systems. The Lumetri color panel has been also been revised.
Image: Great White by Sergio Ricardo
Octopus escapes tank and finds way back to ocean
Inky the octopus, of New Zealand’s National Aquarium in Napier, gained instant celebrity when it was revealed that he escaped his tank, crawled across the aquarium floor, and made it to a discharge pipe to the Pacific ocean. Inky was already well known to the coastal city of Napier. He was rescued in 2004 after being caught and injured in a crayfish pot. In a public contest he was named Inky through popular vote.
Video: Raja Mono - A Study in Contrast by Ron Lagerlof.
- Google+ photos merging to Google photos August 1 (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom for Android to version 1.2 (via )
- Canon updates DPP to version 4.3.0 (via )
- Spinner dolphins by Erika Hart NG photo of the day (via )
- Video: Follow a National Geographic photographer (via )
- Apple releases version 6.05 of Raw compatibility software (via )
- Nikon D750 advisory for shutter shading (via )
- Outdoor Photographer magazine sold to Madavor Media (via )
- Volunteer Divers Needed for Giant Sea Bass Count August 1-16,… (via )
- Atomos upgrades Shogun firmware to AtomOS6.4 (via )