Gates announces SPR110 Stackable Port System
Howard Hall films available on Amazon Video
Lightroom Coffee Break: View photos faster with 1:1 preview
In this week’s episode of Adobe’s Lightroom Coffee Break, Benjamin Ward discuses one way of dealing with the sometimes slow loading of images in Lightroom’s Loupe view. By forcing the app to create 1:1 previews on import, this speeds up any rendering required in the Library module. It is important to note that if you open the images in the edit module, they will need to render again.
Dive into the Pink online auction opens soon
Charity Dive into the Pink is raising funds with a charity auction of dive related trips and products. Dive into the Pink supports the Young Survival Coalition and the Guise Laboratory at Indiana University, both dedicated to supporting and researching cancer. The [auction]((http://32auctions.com/divepink2017) will open on 1 October and 4 pm PDT.
Alien Skin announces Exposure X3
Call for Entries: Beneath the Sea 2018
The 2018 Beneath the Sea International Imaging Competition is calling for entries. Alongside general prizes, the contest offers the David Doubilet award for excellence in underwater photography, the Stan Waterman award for excellence in underwater video and the Jim Church award for excellence in creative underwater photography.
Reuters grant program fosters next generation of photojournalists
Reuters has announced a grant program that seeks to recruit and foster up and coming photojournalists from diverse backgrounds to tell “human stories from around the world”. Applicants do not need to be established photojournalists, but they do need to demonstrate an ability to come up with a project theme and see it to completion. Up to 8 grants of $5,000 US will be awarded.
WPOTY previews winning images
The 2017 Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest (WPOTY) has released a selection of its shortlisted images. The full results will be announced at a gala event at London’s Natural History Museum on Tuesday, October 17, at an awards ceremony in the Natural History Museum’s newly refurbished Hintze Hall. The 2018 contest will open for entries from 23 October.
- Olympus updates E-M1 firmware to version 4.3 (via )
- Canon updates firmware for C300 and C300 Mark II (via )
- Adobe announces touch bar support for Photoshop CC (via )
- RED Weapon and iPhone 7 video comparison (via )
- 7.8 earthquake in Solomon Islands, no damage reported (via )
- Underwater photography of Lake Tahoe (via )
- Video of a baby starfish eating and the vortexes of doom it… (via )
- Olympus updates firmware for E-M1, E-M5 Mark II and E-M10 Mark II (via )
- Canon releases firmware update for EOS 5D Mark IV (via )
- Supermoon tide leaves octopus stranded in parking garage (via )