Blackmagic Design ships 4K Video Assist
Black magic Design has announced at NAB that they are now shipping the 4K version of their Video Assist recorder/monitor. It can be added to any camera with an HDMI or SDI output and has a 7 inch monitor. Recording is to two SD cards in 10 Bit 4:2:2 ProRes and DNx formats.
Exclusive images of Nauticam housing for EOS 1D X Mark II
GoPro displays new VR solutions
At the NAB show that starts in Las Vegas today, GoPro will be debuting their Omni and Odyssey VR arrays. The former utilizes 6 GoPro cameras and the latter 16, synchronized at pixel level by the rig. GoPro are providing a full solution; including processing, editing and hosting the footage captured by the new arrays. The company will also feature their Custom Solutions for broadcast at NAB.
Image: Shoals of Baitfish by Martyn Guess
Pelican announces Air cases
Pelican Products has announced a new series of hard shell equipment cases. The new Pelican Air range is up to 40% lighter than the original versions, but retain the same levels of protection. They are currently available in 6 sizes, with more being planned in future. Each case has a variety of internal configurations.
21 illegal shark fishermen arrested in the Galapagos Marine Reserve
21 illegal shark fishermen were caught and arrested in the Galapagos Marine Reserve last week. Park rangers in the reserve spotted the suspicious vessel through their electronic surveillance. After chasing the main boat and six smaller vessels for a full twenty-four hours, eventually the rangers caught up and arrested all the crew, seized the vessels and recovered the catch.
Zeiss announces the Batis 18mm lens
Volunteers sought to document coral bleaching
Exposure Labs makers of the documentary “Chasing Ice”, are seeking underwater photographers to contribute imagery towards an attempt to document the worldwide effects of coral bleaching. Each volunteer will need to be available and in a suitable location for at least 3 days between now and 31 May. (Image from Shutterstock).
- The rise and fall of Flickr (via )
- The internet votes to name arctic research ship Boaty McBoatface (via )
- Nikon updates ViewNX and Capture NX-D to 1.016.010 (via )
- NG photo of the day Small Fry (via )
- Lisa Michele Burns’ the World From the Water (via )
- Sea Shepherd launches operation driftnet (via )
- Scientists solve century old mystery of Tully monster (via )
- Panasonic updates GH4 firmware to 2.5 (via )
- Sony updates firmware for a7R II, a7R, a7S, a7 II, a7, a6000 and… (via )
- Adobe Camera RAW 9.5 is available now (via )