UwP Magazine issue 99 is available
Show report: DEMA 2017
The Diving Equipment and Marketing Association (DEMA) hosts the world largest diving trade only show. For 2017, this is being held at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida over 1 to 4 November. Wetpixel reports “live” from the event every year, to try and bring a flavour of the show to those that cannot attend. We will be adding daily updates so please keep checking back
Gates announces Pro Explore housing
Achtel Pty announces Vanquish Weapon housing
Pawel Achtel ACS has announced the Vanquish Weapon housing for the RED Weapon camera. Designed for 8K imaging, it uses Nikonos optics and has an onboard OLED monitor that displays feedback from environmental sensors. Constructed of coated titanium, it weighs 4.5 kg and can be taken onto aircraft as a carry on.
The first underwater restaurant in Europe to open in Norway
Europe’s first underwater restaurant is slated to open early next year in Norway. The restaurant will seat 100 people and is located in Båly, a town on the south coast of Norway. The building is modern and appears to be tipping into the water with a large panoramic window that will allow diners to view the abundant underwater life. The restaurant will focus on local cuisine.
Video: Lembeh Tips and Techniques
DxO acquires the Nik Collection
DxO has purchased the Nik Collection assets from Google. The new owner plans to continue to offer the existing Nik Collection as free plugins, but will be developing new versions for release in mid-2018. The company has already incorporated Nik’s U Point technology into their new PhotoLab (previously DxO OpticsPro) RAW conversion software. The existing Nik Collection can be downloaded after supplying an email address.
Ikelite ships housing for Nikon D850
Ikelite are shipping their housing for the Nikon D850. It features Ikelite’s new Dry Lock (DL) port system and ships with a vacuum valve. Electronic flash triggering is available, with TTL control with the addition of a circuit, hotshoe and Ikelite DS series strobes. Other strobes can be electrically triggered in manual mode. The housing is constructed of Ikelite’s proprietary white ABS-PC.
- 7.8 earthquake in Solomon Islands, no damage reported (via )
- Underwater photography of Lake Tahoe (via )
- Video of a baby starfish eating and the vortexes of doom it… (via )
- Olympus updates firmware for E-M1, E-M5 Mark II and E-M10 Mark II (via )
- Canon releases firmware update for EOS 5D Mark IV (via )
- Supermoon tide leaves octopus stranded in parking garage (via )
- Japanese ice rink featuring frozen fish in ice shut down right… (via )
- Goliath groupers are making a comeback (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX, View NX, Camera Control Pro and… (via )
- Photographer sued Facebook for removing EXIF data and won (via )