Borneo from Below: Crazy Critters in the Muck
FIX ships the Neo Aquavolt Mini 5000 video light
FIX has announced their latest Neo video light. The Aquavolt Mini 5000 offers a maximum output of 5000°K controllable via 4 steps and 55 minute burn time. It has a beam angle of 100° and the batteries can be swapped. Lastly, the light weighs only 565g.
Video: Ragged tooth sharks of Aliwal Shoal
The ragged tooth (Carcharias taurus) aka sand tiger sharks are frequently encountered inhabitants on the reefs of Aliwal Shoal, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa. Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans pays the area a visit in this week’s episode, and the cameraman finds that despite appearances, the sharks are docile and happy to share the water with him.
Canon develops 250 megapixel sensor
Canon has announced that it has developed a CMOS sensor with approximately 250 megapixels. This has been achieved by advanced circuit miniaturization and signal processing technology allowing the digital information to be moved from the sensor quickly. In fact, it will shoot video at 5fps. Canon see the sensors application in industry and security applications, although the press release also mentions “the field of visual expression.”
Sea&Sea announces the MDX-EM5 Mark II housing
Sea&Sea has announced their housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 II mirrorless camera. The MDX-EM5 Mark II housing can be used with the Olympus supplied FL-EM3 flash unit to provide fiber optic strobe triggering. It is compatible with the company’s magnifying viewfinders, and has three grip options.
Video: The Thin Blue Line
Winners of Scuba Diving’s Through Your Lens announced
Borneo from Below: Sea Snakes
- Prehistoric marine reptile fossil discovered in Scotland (via )
- Issue 82 of Underwater Photography magazine is available to… (via )
- Nikon confirms banding issue with D750 (via )
- Dissecting the Lightroom and Photoshop workflow. (via )
- Adobe offers tutorials on PS and LR workflows (via )
- Apple adds RAW Compatibility update 6.02 (via )
- PetaPixel post a guide to color for photographers (via )
- Adobe updates video apps (via )
- Behind the scenes of Clark Little’s Nikon commercial (via )
- Soon you may be able to sell camera gear on Facebook (via )