Wetpixel Bahamas Shark Expeditions 2016
Wetpixel is running a series of trips with Epic Diving in 2016. We will be diving with the hammerheads and dolphins of Bimini from 4 to 9 March and then the tiger sharks of Tiger Beach from 9-14 March. These trips represent the best opportunity available to capture stunning video and still images of these amazing animals.
Call for entries: SDUFEX 2015
The San Diego Undersea Film Exhibition (SDUFEX) is calling for entries for the 2015 film festival. It will be held in the Irwin M Jacobs Qualcom Hall, San Diego on 9 and 10 October. It offers entrants the opportunity to have their films projected in HD in a state of the art venue to an appreciative audience.
Image: Dolphins and sardines by Greg Lecoeur
Article: The value of muck dive critters
As part of a collaborative research project between Curtin University (Perth, Australia) and Hasanuddin University (Makassar, Indonesia), Maarten De Brauwer is investigating the importance of muck dive tourism for local communities in Southeast Asia via an online survey. This is in order to investigate which species are most popular with muck divers.
Free preset gives Dehaze functionality in Lightroom 6
Adobe’s updated Lightroom CC gave subscribers access to a new Dehaze slider, but this feature has not been made available to user that purchased Lightroom 6. Petapixel has posted an article about a free preset from Prolost that give results very similar to those of the Dehaze slider in the purchased version.
Sea&Sea announces housing for Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mk II
Sea&Sea has announced details and renderings of their forthcoming MDX housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II mirrorless camera. It features an aluminum construction and isa compatible with ML and NX ports (when used with an adaptor). The housing has an external port lock and a leak detector is available as an optional extra.
Zen ships port for Canon 11-24mm
Zen Underwater has released an updated version of their DP-230 dome port specifically designed for use with the new Canon EF 11-24mm f4L wide-angle lens. It is used with a specific Nauticam 70mm extension ring.
Olympus launches underwater photo gallery
- New lithium batteries have lifespan of over 20 years (via )
- Humboldt squid attack Greenpeace submarine (via )
- Daniel Botelho captures splits shots of planes and snorkelers (via )
- Oceana finds rich biodiversity around Canary Islands (via )
- Panasonic patents optical viewfinder for mirrorless cameras that… (via )
- The Maldives trash island pollution problem (via )
- Wetpixel review of Nikon 810 on Nikon Rumors (via )
- NG photo of the day by Shane Gross (via )
- Camera RAW 8.7 Release Candidate available on Adobe Labs (via )
- Underwater landslide and earthquake triggered 2011 tsunami (via )