Sea & Sea announces the YS-03 universal lighting system
Sea & Sea has released their universal YS-03 strobe system. The strobe is TTL with a 100 degree beam angle and takes 4 AAA batteries. The lighting system will be available in early November 2014 at a suggested retail price of $350 US.
Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest offers portfolio reviews
The organizers of the Wildlife Photographer of the Year (WPY) contest are offering individual the opportunity of a portfolio review. These will be held as part of the WPY Academy and will be held on 23 October at the WPY 2014 Exhibition in the Natural History Museum, London.
Project Seahorse seeks reports of seahorse sighting
In 2013, Project Seahorse launched its iSeahorse campaign which encouraged individuals to report seahorse sightings either on the Project Seahorse website or via their App. In addition, the Project has recently partnered with chocolatier Guylian, to launch a seahorse image contest. Simply send up to 5 seahorse images via email by 11 November.
Blancpain launches Ocean Commitment website
DeepPro announces housing compatibility
DeepPro Systems has announced that their currently available Domed housing for GoPro will also support the new HERO4 camera. The housing is optically corrected for underwater use and has a depth rating of 140 meters (450 feet).
Video: Cocos by Berkley White
Nauticam releases housing for Olympus Tough TG-3
Nauticam has released their housing for the Olympus Tough TG-3. The camera alone is waterproof to 50 feet without the housing and with the housing it is rated to 330 feet.
Adobe updates the Creative Cloud
Adobe has announced a slew of updates prior to its Keynote address at the Adobe Max Conference later today. Mobile apps feature, with updates to Lightroom Mobile, and a new mobile video editing app, Premiere Clip. Photoshop has been updated with integration into the Creative Cloud Libraries that can create and sync colors, brushes and text styles across all Creative Cloud applications.
- Dolphin whistle translated by computer (via )
- Galapagos shark by Thomas Peschak - NG photo of the day (via )
- Seaglider shows marks from giant squid (via )
- Tonic immobility potentially harmful to sharks (via )
- Sony updates A7 and A7R. Major performance improvements (via )
- Canon releases bug fixing firmware for EOS 6D (via )
- Nikon updates D4 firmware to v1.10 (via )
- Spearfisherman films aggressive reef shark with GoPro (via )
- Dolphin and surfer collide off Australia (via )
- The story of Horseshoe Crab blood (via )