BBC “Shark” series goes to air
RGBlue announces image magnifier
RGBlue has released a magnification system that enlarges the view of a camera’s LCD screen. The magnifier uses “light condensing lens technology” to overcome the loss in magnification caused by water contact with the lens. The company has also released a micro flex arm to mount the magnifier.
Issue 84 of Underwater Photography Magazine is available
The May/June edition of Underwater Photography Magazine is available to download. It includes reviews of the Nauticam CMC, Saga Dive Fiber Optic Ring Flash, Vivid Housings Leak Sentinel and the G7 X compact camera. In terms of marine life, it has images of a thresher shark birth S and giant Australian cuttlefish. Featured locations include Cuba, the Mergui Archipelago and Wakatobi.
Sea&Sea announces housing for Sony a7 Mark II
Sea&Sea has announced their housing for the Sony a7 Mark II mirrorless camera. In addition, the company is supply a conversion ring that will allow the use of NX ports as well as the standard ML ones. The MDX-a7II is compatible and can be supplied with the internal Optical YS-Converter which converts the camera’s electrical flash triggering into an optical signal.
Fantasea releases details of housing for Canon G7 X
Image: Ray discard by Angel M. Fitor
Norbert Wu’s Favorite Images: Fluorescence
Long-time professional underwater photographer and filmmaker Norbert Wu has been posting a series of his favorite images onto his blog. He has kindle agreed to syndicate his posts as a weekly feature onto Wetpixel too. This first episode discussed an image of fluorescing corals that was shot on film in Palau.
National Geographic uses new deep ocean camera
Getting footage of the deep ocean and its inhabitants can prove to be time consuming and extremely expensive. National Geographic mechanical engineer, Alan Turchik, has adopted the methods used by oceanographic research scientists to film deep water animals much more economically than using a manned or unmanned ROV.
- Nikon D810 cameras with thermal fix marked with blue dot on box (via )
- Underwater wedding portraits are booming in Shanghai (via )
- New underwater mushroom shaped organisms discovered (via )
- Anima Mundi issue 16 is available to download (via )
- Enormous mantis shrimp caught in Florida (via )
- Canon trails firmware update for C300/C500 for release in… (via )
- Seacam announces D810 housing-details to follow (via )
- Australia to scrap plan for dumping near Great Barrier Reef (via )
- British Wildlife Photography Awards 2014 announced (via )
- X-Ray Mag number 62 is available (via )