Film: World Oceans Day by Rafa Herrero
Film: What Would the Ocean Say by James Cameron
The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute partnered with Disneynature; The Explorers Club; OpenROV – OpenExplorer; The Resolution Project to present a film produced by James Cameron entitled “What Would the Ocean Say?” on World Oceans Day. It outlines the the major threats to the worlds oceans including global warming, plastic pollution, overfishing, ocean acidification and more. It then goes on to introduce a new generation of ocean activists, underlining the need for individuals to take action.
Douglas Seifert turns 100
World Oceans Day at the UN
Every day should be world oceans day, but today has been celebrated at The Ocean Conference which being held under the auspices of the United Nations in New York and aims to support the implementation of sustainable development goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development. Click through to see the BBC Earth team’s short film and the announcing ion the winners of the associated imaging contest.
Interview with underwater photographer Paul Nicklen on NPR’s Fresh Air
National Geographic photographer Paul Nicklen, famed for his more than two-decades worth of work in the Arctic and Antarctic, has been interviewed by Terry Gross for NPR’s Fresh Air series. In the interview Nicklen speaks about his well documented interaction with a leopard seal, who tried to feed him penguins, the dangers of this type of photography, and of course how climate change will impact the sea ice.
Where to Scuba Dive in Papua New Guinea by Don Silcock
This is the second in a series of articles by Don Silcock on the fascinating and often misunderstoodPapua New Guinea. This article provides an overview of the main diving locations. If follows on from his first article Understanding Papua New Guinea and if you are interested in diving in PNG or looking for a new diving destination in SE Asia, you really should read this article!
Video: See Beyond Darkness by Andy Casagrande/Canon
Apple adds editing features to Photos app
- Adobe updates Camera Raw CC to 9.6.1 (via )
- Mick Fanning returns to J-Bay and wins one year after great… (via )
- Underwater photo of Michael Phelps and US Olympic swimmers (via )
- Cuba: a model for sustainable tourism (via )
- The underwater shipwreck with an art gallery (via )
- The glowing waters of the Matsu Islands (via )
- Nikon updates D500 firmware to version 1.02 (via )
- Watch the final moments of a GoPro spent with a crab (via )
- Canon updates EOS-1D X Mark II firmware to v.1.0.2 (via )
- Atomos releases firmware version 7.1 for Flame Series (via )