Inon announces Z Mount Adaptor
Gates offers STO clinic prior to Wildscreen
Giant Australian Cuttlefish Aggregation by Don Silcock
Alex Mustard: Nikon D5 First Thoughts
Wetpixel Associate Editor Alex Mustard shares his first impressions of the flagship Nikon SLR camera after a few shoots in testing UK conditions. Alex has also shared a gallery of his images taken with the D5 during his testing on Wetpixel’s Full Frame. It is important to note that this article represents some of his thoughts about the new camera, rather than a fully fledged review.
Panasonic announces HC-X1 4K Camcorder
Panasonic has announced the HC-X1 4K camcorder. It features a 24mm zoom lens billed as the “widest in the industry for a camcorder with integrated lens”. It has a 1 inch sensor and can record 4K at 24p and UHD or HD at 60p/50p. In HD, it will support a variable frame rate from 2 to 60fps. The HC-X1’s supported recording formats are MOV, MP4 and AVCHD to two internal SD card drives.
Fathom One Drone seeks funding on Kickstarter
Fathom is seeking crowdfunding investment on Kickstarterfor its Fathom One HD underwater drone. it features a built in HD camera and LED lights, along with a rail system for attaching additional accessories. It is tethered by 100 f33t (30m) to a surface buoy which allows the drone to be controlled via wifi from iOS or Android devices at the surface. Battery life is one hour and its maximum depth is 150 feet (45m).
Issue 92 of Underwater Photography magazine available
Underwater Photography Magazine issue 92 is now available to download. It features articles about the Galapagos, wreck diving in Portugal, whale sharks and the Lembeh Strait. Equipment reviewed includes the Olympus TG Tracker, Zeiss 18mm and Zen DP-200, Nauticam WWL-1 buoyancy collar and cap, Nikon D500 and Ikelite a6300 housing.
Canon announces the C700 Digital Cinema Camera
Canon has announced a new flagship 4K digital cinema camera. The C700 is modular and has 2 sensor options, a Super 35MM 4.5K on the C700 AND C700 PL or a Super 35mm 4K with a global shutter on the C700 GS PL. All versions will record XF-AVC2 and ProRes. Both EF and PL mount lenses are supported.
- Canon updates firmware for Rebel T5 (1200D) to V.1.0.1 (via )
- Facebook introduces 360-degree interactive video (via )
- Review of dynamic range and 4k video of iPhone 6s (via )
- More people die from selfies than shark attacks (via )
- Waterproof PowerGrip H20 for GoPros (via )
- Canon updates 1D C firmware to version 1.4 (via )
- Panasonic releases paid-for firmware update version 2.4 for GH4 (via )
- Canon updates 1D X firmware to 2.0.8 (via )
- Nikon updates D7100 C firmware to version 1.03 (via )
- 3 Instagram photographers receive $10K grants from Getty Images (via )