Behind the Shot: Sergio Riccardo
Fantasea announces housing for Sony RX100 IV
Fantasea has announced details of their housing for the Sony RX100 IV compact camera. The FRX100 IV features access to all essential controls, a leak detector and can be integrated into Fantasea’s accessory system.
PhotoShelter offers discount to Wetpixel members
PhotoShelter provides a unique service for photography professionals. They provide tools that allow users to showcase their images, to organize and store them, to share them at high resolution with clients and to set up sales directly from the site. They are now also offering an amazing special deal for Wetpixel members and the Wetpixel community. By using the coupon code PSWETPIXEL, you can obtain a 20% discount off a monthly standard or Pro account.
Huge squid filmed off Russian fishing vessel
A very large squid was filmed this past week off a Russian fishing vessel. The squid released the gaffed fish from its grasp, cruised around the surface and then swam back underwater.
This website is phishing for photographers
The website WallPart preys on photographers by pulling images from Google Images when one searches for their name in the database of prints for sale. The one clickable link on most pages is a Violation form that phishes for photographer’s information. The website has been making the rounds on the internet the past several days. Do not visit the website and by all means, do not submit your information to the website.
Call for entries: Tenerife Guimar Open Fotosub
The 2015 Tenerife Guimar Fotosub splash in contest will be held from 23 October to 8 November in the village of Guimar, on the island of Tenerife, Spain. The competition is open for registrations now through to 21 October and has categories for professional and novice entrants, as well as video and actioncam.
nju system releases the Splashbag
nju system has released the Splashbag, which is a camera backpack specifically tailored to the needs of underwater image makers. Constructed to be as water resistant as possible, it features stow away harness and customizable internal dividers. It can accommodate a large SLR housing with an attached viewfinder, strobes and a dome port if required.
Video: Hammerhead fin cam by Andy Casagrande
- NG photo of the day by Shane Gross (via )
- Camera RAW 8.7 Release Candidate available on Adobe Labs (via )
- Underwater landslide and earthquake triggered 2011 tsunami (via )
- 5 swimmers pulled from water after encounter with aggressive… (via )
- October issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Incredible close-up drone footage of a volcano in Iceland (via )
- 35,000 walrus come ashore in NW Alaska (via )
- Panasonic releases firmware update for GH4 (via )
- Silent divers count more fish (via )
- Canon updates DPP, EOS Movie, EOS Utility and Picture Style… (via )