UW Photographer Elena Kalis’ images of her daughter
Fstoppers reviews the Fotodiox Tough E-Mount
All Sony E-Mount cameras (apart from the a7S) are fitted with a 2 piece plastic and metal mount, which wears over time, causing “wobble” in lenses. Photodiode has recently released an aftermarket metal mount that can be fitted to Sony cameras. Fstoppers has published comprehensive review and guide to both the replacement of the stock mount with the Fotodiox one and to its subsequent performance. (Image from Fstoppers).
Announcing the second Anilao Underwater Photo Festival
Video: Parrotfish life cycle
short animated video made by the University of Queensland explaining the life cycle of the rainbow parrot fish (Scarus guacamaia) has been posted on YouTube by Catlin Seaview Survey. For those of us wondering what is the difference between initial and terminal phase or what polychromatism is, this is an excellent tutorial!
Update: Nju Nikonos Conversion System
Owner Andrej Belic provides an update for his Nju conversion process that allows Nikonos RS lenses to be used with Nikon digital SLR cameras and conventional housings. He currently offers support for Nikonos 13mm, 28mm, 20-35mm, and 50mm lenses in a wide variety of housings.
INON announces compatibility updates and fiber optic connector
Sony offers Pro Support to photographers
Sony has announced that it will offer a support package for professional photographers using Sony products. The benefits of the scheme include dedicated phone/email support, 3 day repair turnaround time with product loan options, free camera and/or lens maintenance, invitation to special events, in and outbound shipping costs and evaluation loaners.
Shark Angels 2015 calendar available
- Nikon updates D4 firmware to v1.10 (via )
- Spearfisherman films aggressive reef shark with GoPro (via )
- Dolphin and surfer collide off Australia (via )
- The story of Horseshoe Crab blood (via )
- Obama expands protection for California coastline (via )
- Flickr and Getty part ways (via )
- 6.9 earthquake off California in Pacific Ocean sunday (via )
- Fleet of underwater drones to map ocean floor (via )
- Hammerhead shark by Denis Nezhentsev - NG photo of the day (via )
- Sony promises improved image quality update for A7 and A7R (via )