Dive Galapagos eBook released
Dive Galapagos is an informative new eBook by Steve Rosenberg with detailed descriptions of all of the dive sites in the Galapagos, as well as lots of information about land tours, the wildlife and practical advice for planning a dive trip. The book features over 250 images and a selection of maps, and is a must have for anyone who is planning to dive in the Galapagos.
Preview: Panasonic Lumix GX7 underwater
Peter Rowlands, editor of UwP magazine, kindly offers us his thoughts and insights about the new Panasonic GX7’s underwater performance. During the DEMA show earlier this month, Nauticam were able to supply him with a prototype housing and he spent a day at Crystal River with the camera and housing.
Coming soon: Nikon vs Canon Underwater Shootout
Wetpixel’s photo pros will take underwater camera testing to new depths with the exclusive Nikon vs Canon Underwater Shootout. The review will be the definitive side by side comparative test of the Nikon and Canon SLRs. Probably the most important review an underwater photographer will ever read!
Final call: Wetpixel South Komodo Expedition
Paper describes new gorgon species
Save the unique Aru in Indonesia from becoming plantation lands
Aru is a cluster of 300 small tinny islands where greatest birds of paradise are living harmoniously with kangaroos, black cockatoos & crocodile. This heavenly place is threatened to be destroyed recently by a stupid & greedy plan of our government to develop 500 000 hectares of sugar cane plantation across this region. Please stand in solidarity with us to SAVE ARU ISLANDS by signing the Avaaz petition and supporting the movement.
New underwater hotel room with a view
Sealux releases housing for Canon XA20/XA25
Sealux has announced their new housing for the Canon HF G30, XA20 and XA25 cameras. The housing has a 4.3” rear mounted monitor and push buttons controlling all available camera options. The housing is supplied with a built-in close-up lens and color correction filter.
- Dam demo raises hope for spawning fish (via )
- Dolphin escapes captivity and rejoins pod (via )
- New York shark fin ban takes affect summer 2014 (via )
- Another shark deterrent wetsuit (via )
- 8 arrested for sea turtle smuggling (via )
- Nikon releases distortion data update for its SLR cameras (via )
- Dead stingrays on Mexican beach investigated (via )
- Lenstag looks to put an end to camera theft (via )
- Ocean leaders write to protect Antarctica’s ocean (via )
- Seagulls attack and kill whales in Argentina (via )