Sea&Sea ships RDX-750D housing
Sea&Sea are shipping their new RDX housing for the Canon EOS Rebel T6i/750D. Manufactured from polycarbonate, the housing gives access to all the camera’s “essential” controls and can be equipped with the company’s 180° optical viewfinder. Strobe triggering us vis two fiber optic ports.
Video: Dancing cuttlefish eggs
Borneo from Below: On Board with the Sea Gypsies
Borneo from Below has released episode 16. The Bajau Laut are a nomadic, seafaring group who have lived in the waters of the Coral Triangle for centuries. This week Bertie spends a day in the life with a Bajau Laut family, the famed sea gypsies of Borneo.
Canon announces new HD camcorders
Canon has announced two new HD camcorders. The XA35 has an HD/SDI terminal for live output and both cameras have dual SD card slots. Featuring a new CMOS sensor, the cameras have a “wide DR” mode that gives 600% dynamic range. They also both have 26.8 to 576mm lens with 5-axis optical stabilization.
Aquatica ships grip extender kits
Aquatica has announced that they are shipping simple spacers that allow the handles of their housing to be extended outwards. This gives more working space on the controls for those with big hands or wearing bulky gloves. Available in packs of four, they are shipping now.
2015 Raja Ampat contest open for entries
The 2015 Raja Ampat UW Photo Contest is calling for entries. It is soliciting images that feature a wide-angle underwater scene, animals, and/or corals and must be taken in Raja Ampat region only. The deadline for entries is 15 January 2016.
Seaworld to continue orca shows
Contrary to many early reports, Seaworld is revising not ceasing its shows with captive orcas. The new strategy for its California based parks is that the company will replace that act with a more “informative” experience in a more natural setting that will carry a “conservation message inspiring people to act.” (Image by Tinseltown / Shutterstock.com)
Wetpixel reports live from DEMA 2015
DEMA is the diving world’s largest trade show. Underwater imaging product suppliers and manufacturers gather to unveil their new products and the a large proportion of the underwater imaging community is also present. As always, Abi and Adam will be on hand over the next 4 days to gather together the people, products and events at the show and report them back to those of you that cannot make it! Keep checking back for live reports….
- Biodegradable fishing nets with tracking devices to cut down on… (via )
- Sony’s underwater store is 12 feet deep (via )
- The Olympus E-M5 II will use same sensor as predecessor (via )
- Freediver catches 70 pound lobster, names him Albert Girther,… (via )
- Documentary follows the film restoration of JAWS (via )
- High ISO Comparison: Nikon D750 Vs. D810 Vs. 7D Mark II Vs. 5D… (via )
- A day in the life of underwater photographers Tina Terras and… (via )
- Steve-O cited for Sea World sign prank (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.1.4 (via )
- Issue 17 of Anima Mundi magazine is now available for download (via )