Deadline for Our World Underwater photo competition fast approaching
The deadline for the 2015 Our World Underwater International Photo and Video Competition, hosted by Wetpixel and Divephotoguide is February 8th, 2015.
Megamouth shark specimen found in Philippines
A rare megamouth shark was discovered in a fisherman’s net this week in the Philippines. The megamouth shark is so rare in fact, that less than 70 specimens have ever been recorded, the first being in 1976.
Sea&Sea announces the MDX-D810 housing
Sea&Sea has announced full details of their housing for the Nikon D810. The MDX-D810 is compatible with their Internal Optical YS converter and the new Fiber Optic cable II. It also features a zoom/focus gear that can be retracted in order to insert big diameter lenses.
Alex Mustard offers underwater photography masterclass
Ginclearfilm offers filmmaking seminar
Field review: Inon GoPro accessory system
Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon presents a field review of Inon’s GoPro accessory system. It features a cage mounting system, two wet conversion lenses, arms and lights. The review was carried out at Tiger Beach during the Wetpixel Tiger Sharks Expedition.
Keri Wilk’s sperm whale poonado goes viral
Spaces available for Wetpixel Oceanic Whitetips Expedition
We have a few spaces left on our trip to Cat Island, Bahamas to dive and photograph the amazing oceanic whitetip sharks (Carcharhinus longimanus) that are resident there from March through June. The trip dates are from the 12 to 18 April 2015. Please email Adam if you are interested
- Nikon updates Capture NX to 2.4.7 (via )
- Jamaica reports decline in lionfish after national campaign (via )
- Humpback whales surf pipeline (via )
- Creative underwater portraits of children (via )
- Adobe Camera Raw 8.4 available to download (via )
- Search for plane highlights ocean trash (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom to version 5.4 (via )
- Conflict oysters of San Francisco? (via )
- EOS-1D X and 1D C autofocus issues in cold weather/water (via )
- NG photo of the day by Nadia Aly (via )