Image: Cuddling seahorses by Marco Bebi
Recsea announces CWS housings for Sony RX100 series
Recsea has announced the release of their CWS housings for the Sony RX100 and RX100 II. Both are manufactured from machined POM and acrylic, giving a lower price point than aluminum equivalents. Recsea will also offer up/downgrade kits so that users can switch between RX100 and RX100 II cameras in the same housing.
Sea & Sea announces the YS-03 universal lighting system
Sea & Sea has released their universal YS-03 strobe system. The strobe is TTL with a 100 degree beam angle and takes 4 AAA batteries. The lighting system will be available in early November 2014 at a suggested retail price of $350 US.
Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest offers portfolio reviews
The organizers of the Wildlife Photographer of the Year (WPY) contest are offering individual the opportunity of a portfolio review. These will be held as part of the WPY Academy and will be held on 23 October at the WPY 2014 Exhibition in the Natural History Museum, London.
Project Seahorse seeks reports of seahorse sighting
In 2013, Project Seahorse launched its iSeahorse campaign which encouraged individuals to report seahorse sightings either on the Project Seahorse website or via their App. In addition, the Project has recently partnered with chocolatier Guylian, to launch a seahorse image contest. Simply send up to 5 seahorse images via email by 11 November.
Blancpain launches Ocean Commitment website
DeepPro announces housing compatibility
DeepPro Systems has announced that their currently available Domed housing for GoPro will also support the new HERO4 camera. The housing is optically corrected for underwater use and has a depth rating of 140 meters (450 feet).
Video: Cocos by Berkley White
- NG photo editor on listening to your inner voice (via )
- Canon announces updates and upgrades for digital cinema products (via )
- Adobe releases Camera Raw 8.4 release candidate (via )
- Mom and baby humpback from the air (via )
- X-Ray magazine issue 59 is now available (via )
- Australian man fined for killing Great White Shark (via )
- Mexico bans capture of great whites (via )
- High speed liquid photography (via )
- Hawaii criticizes WA shark cull (via )
- 1956 message in a bottle from oceanographer just found (via )