Countdown: Entries to Our World Underwater 2017
The countdown for entries to the 2017 Our World Underwater Underwater Imaging contest (OWU) is now well underway. There is just less than one week to process your best images and upload them on to the contest’s website.
Scubashooters extends deadline for Deep Visions contest
Subal announces housing for Panasonic GX80
Subal has released the details of their housing for the Panasonic GX80 mirrorless camera. It has an integrated sun shade, special grooves to allow water to drain from the housing’s buttons and Subal’s new easy lock system. It provides access to all camera controls including raising and lowering the built-in flash.
Noodilab releases Optical Light Condenser
Noodilab has released their optical light condenser for Fisheye FIX NEO lights. The lens elements within it concentrate the light to a singular bright spot allowing the capture of “snoot type shots” whilst using a power setting of between 1-10% (more if you require it) on the light.
UW Technics announces external TTL converter
UW Technics has announced their external TTL controller for Nikon. Compatible will all Nikon cameras and available with optical or electronic output, it is attached via any M14 housing port. It is compatible with Z-240, YS-250, DS-161, YS-D1, YS-D2 and strobes.
Master Wildlife Filmmaking podcast features Howard and Michelle Hall
Show Report: BOOT 2017
Wetpixel reports from the BOOT Show, Düsseldorf. Held over 10 days, it is the biggest water sports show in the world. Exhibits range from super yachts to surfboards and tucked away amongst this is scuba diving and underwater imaging. Wetpixel were able to attend the show this year and have presented this report for those that could not be there.
Happy Lunar New Year
Wetpixel would like to wish all those that are celebrating it a very happy Lunar New Year. We hope that the year of the rooster brings good health, wealth prosperity and amazing diving in beautiful places! May your celebration be spectacular too.
- Photographer sued Facebook for removing EXIF data and won (via )
- Sony updates a7 Mark II firmware to 3.30 (via )
- Canon launches gray/brown version of Rebel T6 dSLR (via )
- Special deal on Creative Cloud Photography plan at Amazon (via )
- Canon announces firmware updates for C300 (via )
- Nikon updates D500 C firmware to 1.11 (via )
- Video: South Africa’s sardine run (via )
- Vibrations from whale songs detected more than 650 feet away (via )
- Apple drops price on USB-C cables (via )
- Two-headed sharks keep turning up (via )