Deepwater shark spawning ground discovered off Scotland
Scientists from Edinburgh’s Heriot-Watt University have recently discovered a deepwater shark spawning ground off the waters of Scotland. Egg cases of the blackmouth catshark (Galeus melastomus) were discovered on the Mingulay Reef, the only known coral reef in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland.
Aaron Schmidt: The basics of surf photography
New study into breath hold physiology
Aquatica announces the AD600 housing
Aquatica has announced the release of their housing for the Nikon D600 SLR. The AD600 provides access to the camera’s Fn control, which can be customized for a variety of functions, via a button on the rear. It also has a thumb lever for ISO adjustment and three ports for accessories such as monitor or vacuum bulkheads. The housing will retail at $3,199 in the U.S.A.
National Geographic establishes stock agency
Call for entries: Dive Rite annual photo contest
Santa Barbara Film Festival hosts a Tribute to Ernie Brooks
The Santa Barbara Film Festival is to host a tribute to Ernie Brooks. It will be held in the Arlington Theater in Santa Barbara on Saturday, 14 September at 7:00 PM. The program will be a benefit to raise funds for the Historical Diving Society USA and the Santa Barbara Maritime Museum.
Tracking basking sharks off the Isle of Man
- Review: GoPro HERO3 black on HD Magazine (via )
- Puerto Rico protects leatherback turtle nesting sites (via BBC)
- Maryland set to ban shark fin trade (via )
- Lion Air flight misses runway in Denpasar, Bali - no life… (via )
- Australia takes Japan to international court over whaling (via BBC)
- Philippines charges Chinese fishermen over reef crash (via BBC)
- Another photo of a two headed shark surfaces (via )
- Nikon hack removes video time limit from D3100, D3200, D5100 and… (via )
- Alex Mustard to speak at 2020Vision Theatre Show, Derby, UK on… (via )
- Avatar sequels to feature “underwater motion… (via )