Video: Clark Little release new book Shorebreak
Call for entries: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
Sea Save Fundraising Auction closing soon - Dec 12th
Several bands cancel shows at Sea World because of Blackfish
Reminder: Ocean Views 2014
The annual Ocean Views contest, run jointly by DAN, Nature’s Best Photography and Wetpixel is closing for entries on 15 December. The contest is not judged in categories, in order to encourage a diverse variety of entries that depict life below, above, and around the ever-changing ocean surface.
Lemon sharks return to birthplace to give birth
Image: Nudibranch sex by William Tan
William Tab has shot this amazing and beautiful super macro image of, well, nudibranch sex! It shows the mating genitalia of two Nembrotha rutilans nudibranchs and was taken recently at Angel’s Window, Lembeh Strait, Indonesia.
An epic number of squid off Catalina
Underwater cinematographer Johnny Friday has shot some footage of squid in very large numbers off Catalina island, California.The images in his Flickr gallery were shot on the RED Epic at 5k. We can only imagine how incredible the footage shot with the EPIC Dragon sensor at 6k were.
- Dolphin escapes captivity and rejoins pod (via )
- New York shark fin ban takes affect summer 2014 (via )
- Another shark deterrent wetsuit (via )
- 8 arrested for sea turtle smuggling (via )
- Nikon releases distortion data update for its SLR cameras (via )
- Dead stingrays on Mexican beach investigated (via )
- Lenstag looks to put an end to camera theft (via )
- Ocean leaders write to protect Antarctica’s ocean (via )
- Seagulls attack and kill whales in Argentina (via )
- Photo of the day is a split shot of manatees (via )