Aquatica releases the A1D-C/X housing for the EOS-1D C and 1D X
Aquatica has released details of their A1D-C/X housing for the Canon EOS-1D C and 1D X cameras. It features a redesigned zoom/focus gear and is shipping with the company’s pressure leak detection “check” circuitry. In addition, it has 5 bulkheads, two of which are occupied with Nikonos or Ikelite connectors as standard.
Australia’s Greg Hunt approves shark cull
Australia’s federal environment minister, Greg Hunt, has approved plans to cull sharks off the west coast of Australia citing an exemption under the Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act. The decision comes amid public protests and international opposition.
10 Bar announces new arms
10 Bar has announced that they are releasing a series of flotation arms and camera stays. They feature either high density foam or an air space that is equipped with a valve. The latter means that they can be water filled to achieve neutral buoyancy if the camera rig is too positive.
Video: Underground 2013
Ikelite launches GoPro accessories
Ikelite has launched a series of accessories for GoPro cameras. Included in the new range are a Steady Tray, Pistol Grip, Handles, a kit for mounting a GoPro on an SLR housing, a quick-release kit and a kit that supplies everything needed to mount two Ikelite Gamma lights on a Steady Tray.
Anti leak absorbent sachets for GoPro cameras available
Leak Insure has announced that they are producing special desiccant sachets designed for use with GoPro housings. These are thin enough to fit in Go Pro housing and are made from a new paper and desiccant laminate that can also help absorb any moisture that occurs after minor floods.
Image: Hammerhead by John Chapa
John Chapa shared this outstanding image of a Hammerhead shark on Facebook. Here he tells us how he got the shot:
Cave diving in Russia
- Ex dolphin trainer now working to save them (via )
- Kodak bankruptcy plan approved (via )
- Real shark trivia is better than Shark Week (via )
- Stolen photo wins photo contest (via )
- First underwater video of apes swimming (via )
- Large numbers of dead dolphins on US East coast is a cause for… (via )
- Apple offers free repairs and upgrades to some 2011 iMacs (via )
- High-tech underwater imaging by the Scripps Institute (via )
- New hammerhead shark species discovered (via )
- Summer issue of Alert Diver now available (via )