CMAS World Championship to be held in Mexico
Several swimming pigs found dead in Bahamas
Several of the famous Bahamas swimming pigs were found dead over the weekend. It is unclear how the pigs died, whether intentional or accidental, but an investigation is underway according to the Bahamas Humane Society (BHS) president Kim Aranha. Approximately 7 pigs are alive and unaffected. The swimming pigs of Exuma are famous in the underwater photography community for use as subjects in photographs.
Sigma announces 4 lenses including 14mm wide angle
Sharkwater free showing across Canada
Canadian moviegoers will have a special treat available on 25 February. Rob Stewart’s documentary “Sharkwater” will be showing at Cineplex theaters nationwide. Admission is free in exchange for a donation to WWF Canada. The film is also available on iTunes, with proceeds from each sale or rental going towards they costs of finishing the production of “Sharkwater: Extinction.”
Ocean Discovery XPrize semi finalists announced
The Shell Ocean Discovery XPrize (ODXP) has selected its semi finalists. The aim of the 3 year contest is to design tools that allow for rapid, unmanned and high-resolution surveys of the world’s oceans. The 21 shortlisted teams represent 13 countries and are competing for a $7 million prize purse.
Lightroom Coffee Break: Flow Control Slider
Kevin Shaw on HDR for Filmmakers
FinalColor has posted an article entitled “HDR-An Introduction” by Kevin Shaw. In it, Shaw describes the use of HDR displays, the move from a Gamma based standard to perceptual quantization (PQ) electro-optical transfer function (EOTF). He points out that 4K resolution is a 400% increase in data for (once compressions has taken place) relative little gain, whereas HDR is a 20% data increase for a “huge” improvement.
Think Tank Photo updates Airport TakeOff
- Adobe updates Photoshop CC to 2015.1.1 (via )
- Adidas 3-D printed shoe out of ocean plastic (via )
- The many ways fish communicate (via )
- New GoPro App adds Apple watch capabilities (via )
- iOS lets you import photos directly to an iPhone from a camera (via )
- Photographer captures stunning waves on Lake Erie (via )
- Job opening for the next Ansel Adams (via )
- Adobe releases Camera RAW version 9.3.1 (via )
- Nikon D4s “C” firmware updated to 1.30 (via )
- Nikon updates D750 “C” firmware to v.1.10 (via )