Nikon trails TC-14E III teleconverter
Nauticam announces their NA-D4s housing
Nauticam USA has announced Nauticam’s housing for the Nikon D4s SLR. Released in conjunction with the new housing is Nauticam’s Flash Trigger which allows (manual) strobe triggering via fiber optic with the D4. The new housing is also fitted with the electronics for the company’s vacuum system and features improved focus knobs with a higher gear ratio.
Nikon UW Speedlight 1 SB-N10 now available in US
Nikon underwater speedlight 1 SB-N10 and WP-N3 underwater housing for the Nikon 1 J4 or Nikon 1 S2 are now available in the US. Press release.
Video: Sony F55 underwater by Dan Beecham
Dan Beecham of Underwater Video Services, Cape Town, South Africa has shared some underwater footage shot with the Sony F55 camera. He has found that the ability to shoot Sony RAW without a compression ratio and its color rendering make it an excellent camera for underwater use. This is interesting, since Sony’s color rendering has been a challenge for underwater use on many of its other recent cameras.
Shootout: International Open Anilao
The Buceo Anilao Beach and Dive Resort has announced that it plans to host an underwater shootout from 29 November to 6 December. Prizes for the event will include cash and trips.
Underwater photos of surfers by Lucia Griggi
Hugyfot releases images of their housing for the 70D
Hugyfot announces GoPro monitor
- US tries to salvage Antarctic research post shutdown (via )
- Robots shred jellies off Korea (via )
- Vancouver aquarium releases seal pups back into the wild (via )
- Monk seal bites triathletes in Hawaii (via )
- Shutdown threatens oceanographic research (via )
- Nikon D610 officially announced (via )
- Montserrat: An island abandoned and reclaimed by nature (via )
- Sponges allow corals to thrive in marine deserts (via BBC)
- New free Lightroom Quick Start guide available to download (via )
- Sixty new species discovered in Suriname (via )