Free preset gives Dehaze functionality in Lightroom 6
Adobe’s updated Lightroom CC gave subscribers access to a new Dehaze slider, but this feature has not been made available to user that purchased Lightroom 6. Petapixel has posted an article about a free preset from Prolost that give results very similar to those of the Dehaze slider in the purchased version.
Sea&Sea announces housing for Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mk II
Sea&Sea has announced details and renderings of their forthcoming MDX housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II mirrorless camera. It features an aluminum construction and isa compatible with ML and NX ports (when used with an adaptor). The housing has an external port lock and a leak detector is available as an optional extra.
Zen ships port for Canon 11-24mm
Zen Underwater has released an updated version of their DP-230 dome port specifically designed for use with the new Canon EF 11-24mm f4L wide-angle lens. It is used with a specific Nauticam 70mm extension ring.
Olympus launches underwater photo gallery
Macphun updates Tonality app
Macphun has released a significant update to their Tonality mono conversion app. This version offers 7 new presets as well as support for Lightroom CC and new RAW formats. In addition, it offer Lumnosity Mask controls to enhance contrast and colors
Nauticam releases TG-4 compatibility notice.
Nauticam USA has announced that their existing NA-TG3 housing is fully compatible with the new Olympus Stylus TOUGH TG-4 compact camera.
New species of deep sea octopus
Stephanie Bush of the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) has been slated with the task of describing and naming a new species of deep water octopus. The previously unknown species is a member of the Opisthoteuthis genus, which may be familiar as the Dumbo octopus is a member as well as the Flapjack octopus, upon which the Finding Nemo character Pearl is based.
First Look: Adobe Creative Cloud 2015
Adobe released a significant update to the Creative Cloud yesterday. Wetpixel takes a look at the new features in Lightroom and Photoshop and shows examples of how these new tools can be used by underwater photographers.
- World’s largest aquatic insect discovered in China (via )
- Blackmagic design updates camera firmware to version 1.8.2 (via )
- Adobe releases Camera Raw release candidate version 8.6 (via )
- Free Aperture to Lightroom migration tool in open beta (via )
- Seahorses growl when stressed study shows (via )
- Artist Nathaniel Stern and his team make underwater scans (via )
- Japan’s prime minister confirms whale hunt to resume in… (via )
- Nikon NX-D software to be released for free in a week (via )
- Stunning school of mobula rays NG photo of the day (via )
- New TSA rules require batteries to be charged before flights (via )