Expedition seeks to decode sperm whale vocalizations
Canon updates Digital Photo Professional
Apple to stop development of Aperture
Apple has announced that with the release of its new OS later this summer, it will discontinue development of its photo editing app Aperture. It will be replaced in the new OS by an app called Photos, which will also enlace iPhoto. Apple have stated that there will be a migration path for Aperture users to Photos, although as the later seems to be largely cloud based, this may be challenge for those with big libraries.
Actor Adrian Grenier visits Mission 31 Aquarius habitat
Actor and Filmmaker, Adrian Grenier scuba dives and visits Aquarius Reef Base during Fabien Cousteau’s Mission 31. In addition to his acting and filmmaking career, Adrian is an ocean advocate and regularly contributes to causes and organizations supporting the world’s oceans.
Seawalls: Murals for Oceans by PangeaSeed
PangeaSeed, an international nonprofit that aims to connect people to the ocean through art, is sending several well known street artists to Isla Mujeres this summer for the annual whale shark aggregation to swim with sharks and then create an inspiring mural as part of its Sea Walls project.
Nikon announces the D810 SLR
Nikon has announced the D810 SLR. The camera features a new 36.3 megapixel FX-format (7360 x 4912 resolution) CMOS sensor, AF via the Multi-Cam 3500-FX AF sensor module and the EXPEED 4 image processing engine. These means that, compared with the D800, the camera has improved ISO performance, faster and more accurate AF and a faster frame rate.
New paper on “Disco Clams”
Lecture: Eric Cheng and Hidden Ocean Worlds
Wetpixel Publisher Eric Cheng delivered a lecture entitled “Hidden Ocean Worlds” to the CreativeMornings community, Los Angeles on March 28, 2014. CreativeMornings “is a breakfast lecture series for the creative community.” In his lecture, Eric talks about “sharks, jellies, and tiny, bizarre critters.”
- November issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Ze Frank’s true facts of the cuttlefish (via )
- Pacific ocean warming fastest in 10,000 years (via )
- New dolphin species discovered off Australia (via )
- Asian carp reproducing in Great Lakes (via )
- Lou Reed: Landscape photographer (via )
- Issue 57 of X-Ray magazine is now available to download (via )
- NG Photo of the Day by David Doubilet (via )
- Nikon underwater interchangeable lens camera now available (via )
- Blackfish to air on CNN tonight 9 ET (via )