Recsea ships housing for G5 X
Tim Rock Dive Guide series updated
iBubble autonomous underwater camera to launch on Indiegogo
iBubble, billed as an autonomous underwater camera, will be seeking funding on Indiegogo from 19 April. It will offer several different filming modes, controlled by a wrist band attached to the diver, which it can be set to follow. It is designed for use with GoPro HERO 3 and 4 cameras and will give one hour of filming at depths of up to 197ft (60m).
Whole Foods set to sell invasive Lionfish
Whole Foods markets, in their bid to offer sustainable seafood options, will sell lionfish at the seafood counters of all west coast locations within the next six months. The chain hopes to eventually expand the sale of lionfish to all 431 locations in the future. In their native habitat, lionfish serve an important role in the food chain. However, since being introduced to the Caribbean the population of the invasive fish has grown exponentially.
(Image from Shutterstock )
Lytro announces Cinema camera system
Light Field camera company Lytro has announced its Cinema camera. Designed for film and TV crews, the new camera makes it easier to blend live footage and computer-generated effects and allows directors to make changes to their footage in post-production that could previously only be made by reshooting the scene.
Paper Studies Coral Stress
A new paper published in the journal Marine Ecology Progress Series shows that the more stressors a coral reef experiences, the lower its survival rates. The study compared growth rates and other indicators on samples of Porites porites that had been pre exposed to elevated CO2 levels. (Image from Shutterstock).
Image: A huge black and white dolphin by Franco Banfi
Video: Finisterra by Erick Higuera
- NG photo of the day Manatees by Ryan Nelson (via )
- Limpet teeth are nature’s strongest material (via )
- Amazon UK lists Lightroom 6 (via )
- Serif updates Affinity Photo beta (via )
- 5 ocean centric TED talks (via )
- Freediving underwater photographers on CNN (via )
- Issue 18 of Anima Mundi magazine is now available to download (via )
- MBARI develops simple open source underwater camera (via )
- Rihanna’s underwater shark shoot for Harper’s Bazaar (via )
- Images and specs of Nikon D810a leaked online (via )