Video: Howard Hall’s Leviathan
Filmmaker Howard Hall has posted a short film of footage of humpback whales (Megaptera novaeangliae) captured at Vavau’u, Tonga. Howard cites the help of Whale Watch Vava’u and Endangered Encounters in getting the encounters necessary for the film.. The images were captured with a RED Epic and a Tokina 10-17mm lens in 5K resolution.
Interview with Clark Little: “I love getting thrashed”
Nauticam releases its housing for the GH3
Nauticam has finally officially released their housing for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3. The NA-GH3 was first spotted on the Nauticam China website, and was exhibited at the NAB show. Since then there have queries about the launch date on the forum. Nauticam USA has now confirmed that it will be shipping from 27 May at a US retail price of $2250.
Canon announces X-Series-look Picture Control
Canon UK has announced the availability of a new Picture Style for its EOS SLR cameras. The Video Camera X-series-look is actually a video or still in-camera preset that mimics the look of the company’s X-series camcorders, with lowered color saturation and contrast levels.
Magic Lantern offers RAW recording to EOS 5D Mk III
Magic Lantern has released a continuous raw recording mode for its hack to the Canon 5D Mark III’s firmware. In testing, the camera has been outputting a 1928x850 recording at 24fps. This gives a continuous recording at a data rate to the card of 90MB/s.
Ned DeLoach presents a “fishinar” on cleaning stations
Ned DeLoach is to present a “fishinar” on (this) Wednesday 15 May at 8pm EST. The free talk, entitled “Cleanliness is next to Fishiness: All About Cleaning Stations” is free and open to anyone with web access after registration. It will feature many of Ned’s amazing behavior photographs and will have a Q&A session.
Call for entries: Oceans 13 Film Festival
The Oceans 13 Film Festival, held in conjunction with the San Diego based OCEANS 13 Conference, is soliciting entries. The Festival will be held over Sunday 22 and Monday 23 September at the Town and Country Convention Center. The venue will seat over 1,500 and has a state-of-art High Definition projection and audio system. Full entry details are on the SDUPS website and the deadline is 22 July.
Video: Tagging Giants of the Deep
- Hugyfot releases new housings for Nikon D600 and Sony Action Cam (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.0.8 (via )
- Behance ProSite has been added to Adobe’s Creative Cloud (via )
- Photoshelter and the ASMP present a photographer’s guide to… (via )
- ASMFC seeks to allow shark finning in US waters (via )
- The Natural History Museum launches Deep Sea ID iPhone and iPad… (via )
- DPReview posts a review of the Sony NEX-6 mirrorless camera (via )
- James Cameron’s submersible donated to Woods Hole (via BBC)
- Camera lost at sea for six years is reunited with its owner (via )
- Thom Hogan reviews the Sony NEX-6 camera (via )