Canon provides AF guide for EOS 1D X Mark II
Canon has released an 148 page pdf guide to the EOS 1D X Mark II camera’s AF system. It provides: “Information about the effect of different AF Cases, and various other menu settings.” Although it is specific to the 1D X Mark II, most of the information will also apply to the EOS 5D Mark IV too.
Anglerfish Creative Lighting ships the Anglerfish Trigger
Fantasea releases macro lenses
Fantasea has announced three new wet macro conversion lenses. The UCL-O5LF, UCL-06LF and UCL-09F have +6, +12 and +12.5 magnifications respectively and attach with 67mm threads.
Newly discovered Amazon coral reef threatened by oil companies
The first images of a newly discovered coral reef at the mouth of the Amazon river have emerged. Greenpeace has released images of the 600-mile long coral reef that were taken from a submarine off their ship the Esperanza. The 220-meter deep reef stretches from French Guiana to Brazil’s Maranhão state and was discovered in the spring of last year. Normally reef systems are absent from the mouths of major rivers. The unique ecosystem is threatened by three oil companies that have been granted exploration rights in the area.
Countdown: Entries to Our World Underwater 2017
The countdown for entries to the 2017 Our World Underwater Underwater Imaging contest (OWU) is now well underway. There is just less than one week to process your best images and upload them on to the contest’s website.
Scubashooters extends deadline for Deep Visions contest
Subal announces housing for Panasonic GX80
Subal has released the details of their housing for the Panasonic GX80 mirrorless camera. It has an integrated sun shade, special grooves to allow water to drain from the housing’s buttons and Subal’s new easy lock system. It provides access to all camera controls including raising and lowering the built-in flash.
Noodilab releases Optical Light Condenser
Noodilab has released their optical light condenser for Fisheye FIX NEO lights. The lens elements within it concentrate the light to a singular bright spot allowing the capture of “snoot type shots” whilst using a power setting of between 1-10% (more if you require it) on the light.
- Adobe updates Lightroom to 2015.2.1/6.2.1 (via )
- 500 px unveils new profile, photo, and discover pages (via )
- Canon updates firmware for Rebel T5 (1200D) to V.1.0.1 (via )
- Facebook introduces 360-degree interactive video (via )
- Review of dynamic range and 4k video of iPhone 6s (via )
- More people die from selfies than shark attacks (via )
- Waterproof PowerGrip H20 for GoPros (via )
- Canon updates 1D C firmware to version 1.4 (via )
- Panasonic releases paid-for firmware update version 2.4 for GH4 (via )
- Canon updates 1D X firmware to 2.0.8 (via )