Sylvia Earle and Drew Richardson Encourage Dive Community to Be a Force for Good
The annual DEMA show wrapped up this past weekend in Orlando, Florida after several days. Famed oceanographer Dr. Sylvia Earle and Drew Richardson, CEO of PADI, held a press event at the show to talk about the importance of divers to conserve the oceans they know and love. Mission Blue and PADI formed a partnership earlier this year to encourage divers to be a force for change.
Panasonic announces the G9 mirrorless camera
Panasonic has announced their compact system G9 mirrorless camera. It features a 20.3 MP 4/3 sensor and a native ISO range of 200-25,600. Autofocus is via Panasonics Advanced DFD system that has 225 focus point and it has 5 axis image stabilzation. 4K 50/60p is available for 10 minutes recording time at full sensor width with no pixel binning. Lower frame rates and resolutions can be captured for 30 minutes.
TRT-Electronics ships the o-Turtle TTL flash trigger for Olympus
TRT Electronics announces the mobi TTL converter
TRT-Electronics has announced the availability of the mobi TTL electro-optical converter. It is designed to be attached anywhere within a housing using velcro. The mobi offers a brighter LED output than the original TRT units and is available in Nikon or Canon versions now with Sony and Olympus versions to be available soon.
UwP Magazine issue 99 is available
Show report: DEMA 2017
The Diving Equipment and Marketing Association (DEMA) hosts the world largest diving trade only show. For 2017, this is being held at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida over 1 to 4 November. Wetpixel reports “live” from the event every year, to try and bring a flavour of the show to those that cannot attend. We will be adding daily updates so please keep checking back
Gates announces Pro Explore housing
Achtel Pty announces Vanquish Weapon housing
Pawel Achtel ACS has announced the Vanquish Weapon housing for the RED Weapon camera. Designed for 8K imaging, it uses Nikonos optics and has an onboard OLED monitor that displays feedback from environmental sensors. Constructed of coated titanium, it weighs 4.5 kg and can be taken onto aircraft as a carry on.
- Panasonic updates GH4 firmware to 2.5 (via )
- Sony updates firmware for a7R II, a7R, a7S, a7 II, a7, a6000 and… (via )
- Adobe Camera RAW 9.5 is available now (via )
- Lightroom 2015.5/6.5 available now (via )
- Always watch your back in photo shoots next to the ocean (via )
- The sea nomad children who see like dolphins (via )
- Last of six toothfish poachers arrested in Indonesia (via )
- Adobe releases Lightroom Mobile for iOS v. 2.2 (via )
- E.O. Wilson’s case for setting aside half the planet (via )
- Adobe issues fix for Creative Cloud update issue (via )