Boston Sea Rovers 50th Anniversary Clinic
Eric Cheng’s coverage of the Boston Sea Rovers 50th Anniversary Clinic, where he gave a talk on the current state of digital underwater photography.
RAW vs. JPG Feature Article
RAW vs. JPG Feature, by James Wiseman: “As the RAW format becomes widely available, many digital shooters wonder if this format is
INON UFL-165AD Underwater Fisheye Conversion Lens
Inon Japan announces development of the UFL-165AD Underwater Fisheye Conversion Lens, the latest addition of the AD Mount Lens series, which includes the UWL-105AD Wide Conversion Lens and the UCL-165AD Close-up Lens. The UFL-165AD is a trim, compact underwater fisheye conversion lens with 165 degree maximum field of view. Focus range from the very front edge of the dome to get as close to the subject as physically possible. Close focus ability and extreme depth of field enable stunning wide angle and
Jonah 10D housings ready to ship
Ocean Brite Systems and Jonah Housings are announcing the immediate availability of the Jonah Canon 10D Housing – ready to ship, immediately. The Jonah Canon 10D Housing is available for the reasonable price of $1799.
New Olympus and Canon housings
Olympus Japan has announced the PT-023 housing for their flagship C-8080 Digicam, and the PT-022 housing for the C-760/770 Ultra Zoom. Like other housings in the PT series, the PT-023 features double o-rings and an optional PPO-05 port for the WCON-08D wide-angle adapter.
Also new is the Olympus “Warehouse Emon marine 3” software package, which merges EXIF data and dive computer logs.
Canon has announced the WP-DC20 housing for the PowerShot S1 IS digicam, the WP-DC 900 housing for the PowerShot A80, the WP-DC 800 housing for PowerShot S400, S410, and S500 digicams, and the WP-DC 700 housing for PowerShot A60 and A70. All housings are rated to a maximum depth of 40m and feature an integrated diffuser for the internal strobe.
Thanks to our partner Digideep for the housing news!
Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2004 goes digital
The prestigious Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2004 will accept digital images on CD for the first time this year. Closing date Friday 2nd April 2004.
New initiative to help protect Eastern Pacific waters
New Seascape Initiative stretches from Costa Rica to Ecuador, safeguarding threatened marine habitats
- Canon is pursuing multi-layer Foveon-style sensor design (via )
- Environmental Photographer of the Year 2013 Exhibition (via )
- Texas shark fin ban passes house and fizzles in senate (via )
- Researchers: Penguins sacrificed ability to fly for gift of… (via BBC)
- Nikon posts firmware updates for D300, D300S, D700 AND P7700… (via )
- Delaware bans shark fins (via )
- DxOMark tests lenses for the Nikon D600 (via )
- Think Tank Photo releases massive Logistics Manager 30 rolling… (via )
- Air Pacific/Fiji Air exposed as shark fin trafficker (via )
- Adobe releases Camera Raw release candidate 8.1 (via )